Went out today.

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
Started off by driving up to Wilkeson area, looking for an old mining town, now ghost. I'm pretty sure I found the right place to walk in but decided to turn around since I was by myself, in the woods, and no one knew where I was at. Probably not a good idea if I were to fall and break a leg. Or? Anyway next time I'll make sure I have someone with me. I heard a lot of good potential from two seperate sources. Ended up going to the fairgrounds and pulled out some really old garbage, which was good. Tells me there could still be some good stuff left. Talked to the grounds person and he showed me the older portion of the park. Goes back to 1920s... Any way just some modern coin and old garbage for today.... Oh. Anyone living close want to venture to the old town in the woods near Wilkeson? Drop me a line....

Upvote 0

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Sounds like you got a good place to hunt. I live in the woods, and I'm very careful when I hunt out there. I ususally take a dog with me, and if I needed help, I'm sure she would just run home and take a nap. Make sure to post the pictures when you find some stuff. Good luck with your hunt.

Ken

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how you feel about being in the woods alone! Kinda scary! Especially when its new territory to you.

Hope you get a partner!

;)

OP
OP
lasttoknow (Tim)

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
There's a lot of hicks up there. No offense to anyone on the board....Let's just say that when you walk into the woods and you start thinking that damm they'd never even find my body. It's time to leave...lol I will be taking someone with me. If this is the right place it should have some pretty interesting stuff there. It used to be an old shanty town for the coalminers. Thing is only some of the locals know of it's existance.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were smart to not go by yourself. Keep us posted on any finds from that area. Good Luck !

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread