My last 4 days out with my Surf PI Pro

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004
The lifeguards at the beach told me someone had been hunting all afternoon with a Surf PI and pointed out the area he was searching in. Knowing no one gets it all I headed into the water. Then another guy came up and told me he had hunted the whole area with his minelab earlier in the morning. He then showed me a Tiffany diamond ring he found yesterday at my "not so secret anymore place", using his minelab.
I didn't get more than 10 feet out when I hit the big silver ring with the "K" on it. About ten steps more I got a double beep, Well I know the other guy always passes those up because he knows it's just a bobby pin or a nail. I always dig them because it's sometimes a coin on edge or a ring at an angle. A quick scoop of sand(thinking bobby pin) then the gleam of gold in the scoop. Not one but two gold rings in one scoop. I continued working my grid and got 3 dimes 4 pennies a bobby pin (thinking two gold rings),a silver toe ring and 1 1/2 pulltabs. It was getting dark so I headed towards shore Got one last signal at the waters edge. Scooped it up and couldn't tell what it was. Washed all my gear at the beach showers went to my truck and loaded up my gear. Thats when I put on my glasses and took a look at my finds. Inside the last ring I found the words Tiffany & Co.? Twenty stones in groups of 4. Got my diamond testor out and yep all the real thing! Not bad for a hunted out beach.

pic removed

The next day I went to my "not so secret spot anymore" to see what the guy with the minelab missed. Only one silver ring and a 14K earring.
Some wheat pennies and other assorted junk.

pic removed

The next day back to the first beach. Only found the coins (all dimes in one spot) a button, hairclip, silver toe ring and a screwdriver in the water. Headed for the showers kinda discouraged in not getting any gold today. Detector was still on and hit a signal on the dry sand.
Scooped up the small white gold 14K ring. Three more steps another signal, 14K yellow gold ring. Gotta try the dry sand more often.

pic removed

Had work to do on Monday so I had to wait till tuesday to go detecting again. Went to a beach 25 miles away thats useally a produtive spot this time of year. Got there and found the best hunting area was closed.
Has been closed for several weeks and will remain closed for about five more weeks. It seems some endangered seal chose the area to give birth so gotta wait till the pup is weaned. The area where swimming was still allowed only had a small section with a sandy bottom. The rest all small rocks and rings lost? are easy to find without a detector.
Anyway I did manage to get lucky in the sandy area, two silver and one 14K rings, lots of change and other junk. I guess the regulars that hunt here have been staying away. Got the silver ring with the CZ's
on the dry sand on the way to the showers.

pic removed

Thanks for looking

Upvote 0

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great finds, Gold pinger. Especially the streamerica ring! b-e-a-utiful. Excuse me while I go put a bib on :)

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, I think I know where I want to move to when I retire... you're making So California look bad! :)

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
That is some excellent finds goldpinger, you seem to know the hotspot as I always look forward to reading your posts to see what you found. Nice job!!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Very nice finds! Congrats... why don't you sell some of that jewelry and buy me the Fisher CZ-3D I'm wanting so badly!

Man, you guys at the beach have got it made!!!! :-X

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread