Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Gold Mason's Ring

Black Hills Gold makes some beautiful rings by alloying other metals with gold, and not too expensive usually. My uncle use to have a jewelry store and sold BHG merchandise. That could be a Master Mason's ring I am thinking instead of a higher up. If it was it would say something about 32nd degree or 33rd degree on it I would think. I have seen several lodge brothers who wear similar rings. But that one is a thing of beauty. I am wondering if that crack is a casting flaw? Monty

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty said:
Black Hills Gold makes some beautiful rings by alloying other metals with gold, and not too expensive usually. My uncle use to have a jewelry store and sold BHG merchandise. That could be a Master Mason's ring I am thinking instead of a higher up. If it was it would say something about 32nd degree or 33rd degree on it I would think. I have seen several lodge brothers who wear similar rings. But that one is a thing of beauty. I am wondering if that crack is a casting flaw? Monty

Black Hills Gold sells similar 10k Masonic rings for $399.00 - $795.00 depending on the outlet, design, and the kwt, its a very nice ring, and the pink and green leaves are a standard for BHG jewelery.
http://www.blackhillsgoldsource.com/product/MR295

Congrats on the find, and maybe the owner will sponsor you if you want to become a member. (it takes two sponsors)

GG~

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a BEAUTY!!! :o
Congrats on making banner with that fantastic looking ring. Well done. :thumbsup:
-MM-

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one awesome ring! I love the different types of gold. . . Congrats :thumbsup:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur

Gorgeous ring stumpbreaker! You must have been thrilled to pull that beauty out of the ground. Of all of the gold rings I've ever found, I never found one with a red stone. I dream of finding a beauty of a gold ring with a big bright red stone someday.

Congrats!!!

ridger12

Apr 4, 2005
Sandy Ridge Pa
Detector(s) used
Minlab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That is a very cool ring! Real Masonic rings cost several hundred dollars if they are not fake and that, is not a fake. It is a Master Mason's ring, that is 100% for sure. If you decide to look for the original owner you may want to check with the local Masonic Lodge. Great Find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

Stumpbreaker said:
jeff of pa said:
Very Nice ring Dan !

What's the story on the Find ?

Thanks for looking Jeff, the story is that it has to be a recent loss, it was only 1.5 inches in moist grass at a soccer field probably stepped on by several people and pushed into the earth, the VDI readings were all over the place due to the different alloys in the ring, almost passed it over. I plan on finding the owner and it should be easy, we have two Mason lodges here in Eugene, I'm planning on holding it for several days until our next club meeting to show it off, mean time I'm watching the lost and found.
thankx for looking...............dan

I wonder if you need to know the secret handshake in order to find out who the owner is? :icon_scratch:

All joking aside, excellent find!

taropatch

Dec 24, 2007

Nice looking ring. Hope you win the contest and find the owner too :-)
I'm assuming this is a beach sand find.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey, :hello:

Nice ring and an awesome find congrats on banner !! :headbang: :notworthy:

Now I've seen lots of rings come and go on this site and not make banner. :icon_scratch: So why did this ring, is it because its a Master Mason's ring...? :dontknow: It can't be just because its a 10k gold ring right ? ???

Keep @ it and HH!! :D ;D

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome ring!
Congrats on your Banner find :thumbsup:

wavecrazed

Jul 21, 2009
Orlando FLorida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Excallibur 1000, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool ring. I was at the pawn shop here in orlando the other day and saw on with the g inside. I looked back at this thread and saw this similar one. If anyone wants one send me a message I may be able to get it for you.
Peace out.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh, I forgot, gold was only $600 and ounce last time I checked on a ring! Worth more than I thought! Monty

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o :o

That's one huge chunk of Gold :icon_sunny:

SS

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac

Great job stump!!! Gold category, and best find of the month. Fantastic find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread