A new place and a few things Sunday.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, this guy I work with has been asking me to come over and run my detector over his yard and I decided Sunday to give it a whirl. I called Mastereagle and asked him if he was game. He did like always and started talking a mile a minute proclaiming all the reasons he couldn't go with me and basically only said his wife wouldn't let him. ::) He said what he always said..."We are going next week...I don't care what she says!" As I hung up I think he added "as long as it is ok with her." ;D

Anyway, I was seriously burning daylight by the time I arrived and got straight to work. I was encouraged by the older house next door with an old barn behind it. His newer home appears to be sitting on part of the original farm, that is now being sold off. I had barely gone four steps when I had a great hit. I dug a tube of "Ribbon Dental Creme". I think W.R. Crest must have lived here since I ended up finding about 5 of these in a fairly small area. I finally got a great hit that sounded like silver. I was enthusiastic about digging it and about 6 inches down I pulled out a decorative silver (?) buckle that had a flower design on it. I think it's a buckle? ???

Moving on, I found several old nails and can slaw and then dug a nickel from 1971, also a copper penny. Back closer to where I dug the buckle I found an old lipstick tube, a very old lightbulb base(?) and a cool drawer pull that I think is from the late 1800's probably. Not a huge haul, but not too bad for a short hunt. I will be back when I have time. I think there is a good bit of stuff still there. Take care everyone.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 507
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 499
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 507
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 505
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are nice relics man.

Looks like a good place to hunt. I'd suck every signal out of that place.

HH Jer

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG BB on some nice relic digs. Hope you can get in there again and have some more time to go a little slower

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH yeah! That looks like it's going to be a great place to hunt, BB! :icon_thumright: Is that a marble? :icon_scratch: And silver thingy looks like buckle of some sort? You did good!! :icon_pirat:

Congrats! Nana :wink:

Rickiowa2009

Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!
Great finds!

Baldingboy said:
Well, this guy I work with has been asking me to come over and run my detector over his yard and I decided Sunday to give it a whirl. I called Mastereagle and asked him if he was game. He did like always and started talking a mile a minute proclaiming all the reasons he couldn't go with me and basically only said his wife wouldn't let him. ::) He said what he always said..."We are going next week...I don't care what she says!" As I hung up I think he added "as long as it is ok with her." ;D

Anyway, I was seriously burning daylight by the time I arrived and got straight to work. I was encouraged by the older house next door with an old barn behind it. His newer home appears to be sitting on part of the original farm, that is now being sold off. I had barely gone four steps when I had a great hit. I dug a tube of "Ribbon Dental Creme". I think W.R. Crest must have lived here since I ended up finding about 5 of these in a fairly small area. I finally got a great hit that sounded like silver. I was enthusiastic about digging it and about 6 inches down I pulled out a decorative silver (?) buckle that had a flower design on it. I think it's a buckle? ???

Moving on, I found several old nails and can slaw and then dug a nickel from 1971, also a copper penny. Back closer to where I dug the buckle I found an old lipstick tube, a very old lightbulb base(?) and a cool drawer pull that I think is from the late 1800's probably. Not a huge haul, but not too bad for a short hunt. I will be back when I have time. I think there is a good bit of stuff still there. Take care everyone.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Nana40 said:
OH yeah! That looks like it's going to be a great place to hunt, BB! :icon_thumright: Is that a marble? :icon_scratch: And silver thingy looks like buckle of some sort? You did good!! :icon_pirat:

Congrats! Nana :wink:

Yeah, that one thing is not a marble. It appears to have been a decorative metal ball that sat atop a bed frame or something. It is a little bigger than a golf ball. Thanks to everyone for your posts. I am looking forward to going back there.

Baldingboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread