Marc and I hit the Colonial sites.... and Marc got hit back!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frenchy Marc finally made it to my area to do some detecting and even though my regular digging bud and I weren't looking to abuse him ...we did, had to. Yesterday we had a couple of fields in mind, got an early start, grabbed some coffee and made our way to the spot.

Note.... We did an hour hunt the night before and being in a rush I forgot my shovel which Marc said was going to be fuel for his post... well that changed... it no longer mattered. :laughing7:

So we arrive at the first site, drink the coffee, and I cross the ditch into the field and wait for Marc. I turn around to see him lose his footing and the detector & shovel go flying and him fall completely stretched out at my feet... not to mention seeing the great fear in his eyes. :D Holy %&#%! I laughed and it carried into the next day.... just about once an hour. The only thing that could have made it funnier is if I would have called him out as if he was sliding into third base. :D :laughing7: :D

Unfortunately "Face Plant Field" didn't work out for finds so we moved on to idea 2... which did. :headbang:

Man did we have a blast.... coffee, pizza, beer, rum, old finds and one banged up Frenchmen! ;D

The finds are... couple 1800s Tokens, an 1814 Great Britain which is a first for me, cut George III copper & 1806 large George III Penny, buttons, thimbles, musket part, bullet, musket balls etc..

Kirk PA... please see if you can ID the last coin. I think it might be one of those rare 1870 Tiffin tokens. :wink:

Attachments

• 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3,529
  • 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3,530
  • 127.jpg
    127.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,517
  • cob1.jpg
    cob1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,550
  • cob2.jpg
    cob2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3,505
  • 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 3,514
Upvote 1

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Must have been one of those dang Virginian's migrating to the hinderland! :D

Don

Yeah best so far for sure but there's still time and I got a couple real good areas in mind for the next two months.

Thinking a few came this way. (9th cob) :)

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evolution said:
Great hunt and great finds IP. Did you wear your avatar outfit into the field for this hunt?

Banner!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes but it wasn't enough to keep Marc from tipping over. He walks better drunk. :D

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's alot of nice finds,IP! That cob is superb!!! Would love to find one of those.
Dale

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole trip sounds BANNER to me! :notworthy: I glad you all had a good time that has to be the cherry on the cake wait maybe the cob was. :icon_scratch: Like I said sounds like a good time and packed full of good finds.You know your stuff patch.And I'm going to slide under your name and tag that BANNER button. :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello:
Timekiller!

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
You find any corn to go with the Cob? :laughing9: Nice I.P. and you are one Kickass Canadian Cob digger upper. Wait a minute...You forgot your shovel so you must have coaxed these finds to dig themselves up. WOW DUDE you are good. ;D
C of CKK.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
You find any corn to go with the Cob? :laughing9: Nice I.P. and you are one Kickass Canadian Cob digger upper. Wait a minute...You forgot your shovel so you must have coaxed these finds to dig themselves up. WOW DUDE you are good. ;D
C of CKK.

The reason I forgot my shovel was Marc was just getting into town and the sun was going down... and we wanted to hunt for a bit. In the hurry to get going I forgot my shovel. The cob was found the next day when we had a full day out.... and my shovel in hand! :thumbsup:

Looks like a great hunt! I'm gonna vote banner!!!! Maybe if you found that cob south of the border, it would have already made the banner. ::)
Finding one here in Manitoba would be impossible! You guys out East have all the luck!
WTG.
Dave.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
Looks like a great hunt! I'm gonna vote banner!!!! Maybe if you found that cob south of the border, it would have already made the banner. ::)
Finding one here in Manitoba would be impossible! You guys out East have all the luck!
WTG.
Dave.

We'll wait until tomorrow to see what happens before starting a revolution. ;D

I think it's not on because Kirk PA hasn't rubber stamped it yet! :D

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest: