Marc and I hit the Colonial sites.... and Marc got hit back!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frenchy Marc finally made it to my area to do some detecting and even though my regular digging bud and I weren't looking to abuse him ...we did, had to. Yesterday we had a couple of fields in mind, got an early start, grabbed some coffee and made our way to the spot.

Note.... We did an hour hunt the night before and being in a rush I forgot my shovel which Marc said was going to be fuel for his post... well that changed... it no longer mattered. :laughing7:

So we arrive at the first site, drink the coffee, and I cross the ditch into the field and wait for Marc. I turn around to see him lose his footing and the detector & shovel go flying and him fall completely stretched out at my feet... not to mention seeing the great fear in his eyes. :D Holy %&#%! I laughed and it carried into the next day.... just about once an hour. The only thing that could have made it funnier is if I would have called him out as if he was sliding into third base. :D :laughing7: :D

Unfortunately "Face Plant Field" didn't work out for finds so we moved on to idea 2... which did. :headbang:

Man did we have a blast.... coffee, pizza, beer, rum, old finds and one banged up Frenchmen! ;D

The finds are... couple 1800s Tokens, an 1814 Great Britain which is a first for me, cut George III copper & 1806 large George III Penny, buttons, thimbles, musket part, bullet, musket balls etc..

Kirk PA... please see if you can ID the last coin. I think it might be one of those rare 1870 Tiffin tokens. :wink:

Attachments

• 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3,528
  • 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3,529
  • 127.jpg
    127.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,516
  • cob1.jpg
    cob1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,549
  • cob2.jpg
    cob2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3,504
  • 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 3,513
Upvote 1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BEAUTIFUL DIG'S IP.......Alway's some great find's :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds... the one looks spanish to me :icon_scratch: MR TUFF

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Wow,

That's a great haul IP. You guys got some nice early sites.

HH Jer

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver, still looking damn it....

Is that an old musket part (left hand edge of photo)?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Nice silver, still looking damn it....

Is that an old musket part (left hand edge of photo)?

Yep, end of a trigger guard. I believe it's French and found similiar before. There was suppose to be an earlier French site close, and we turned up a couple hints of it, but still looking.

artorius

Jul 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
That last coin looks to be a Spanish silver cob, Potosi, Bolivia mint, Assayer "F", date 1699. The "99" in the middle of the bottom row of the Pillars side is the date, and it can only be 1699. The denomination in the middle of the top row, Pillars side, seems muddled. I am guessing you have a 2 Reales cob, but perhaps it is a different dnomination.

In what state did you find this?

This is an exceptional cob, and I for one think it is Banner-worthy.

artorius

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
artorius said:
Coin looks to be a Spanish silver cob, Potosi, Bolivia mint, Assayer "F", date 1699. The "99" in the middle of the bottom row of the Pillars side is the date, and it can only be 1699. The denomination in the middle of the top row, Pillars side, seems muddled. I am guessing you have a 2 Reales cob, but perhaps it is a different dnomination.

In what state did you find this?

This is an exceptional cob, and I for one think it is Banner-worthy.

artorius

Thanks. It's a one real.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
That's a really nice Tiffin Token :o :D

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...without a doubt this belongs on the BANNER!!! How many Spanish silver cobs are found with that degree of detail! Great frigging find...i'm a little jealous!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG IP, you got a goodie this time! I believe the one real is your find for the year for coins and I know I would be tickled pink to find one and in such good shape. Hey, they are not supposed to be that far north! Must have been one of those dang Virginian's migrating to the hinderland! :D
It is a banner find in my mind.....

Don

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and great finds IP. Did you wear your avatar outfit into the field for this hunt?

Banner!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

C

Cappy Z.

It must be nice to be near so many Colonial MDing grounds.

Bridgeport is the center of the 41st largest urban area in the United States, just behind Austin, Texas (40th).(I think Marc spent time in Austin)

The city is marked by its attachment to its famous resident, the circus-promoter and once mayor P.T. Barnum. Barnum built three houses in the city, and housed his circus in town during winters.

Other than Black Rock and parts of Brooklawn which were originally part of the Town of Fairfield, Bridgeport was originally a part of the Town of Stratford. The first settlement was made in 1659. It was called Pequonnock until 1695, when its name was changed to Stratfield, because of its location between the already existing towns of Stratford and Fairfield. During the American Revolution it was a center of privateering. In 1800, the borough of Bridgeport was chartered, and in 1821 the township was incorporated. The city was not chartered until 1836.

Never occurred to me how many centuries of history are right in that general area.

Nice job guys.
:icon_thumright:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds IP. :hello2:
Congrats,
MM

DavidBeard

Dec 27, 2008
Derbyshire
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Iron Patch :hello2: I hope the ground was dry that Marc fell head first into! All rainy and muddy here at moment :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions