A few More Finds Today

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Today I returned to the field where I found a sterling silver buckle the other day. I focused on an area where there were lots of shards of blue, purple, green and black glass, china and crockery and coal scattered all over the surface and lots of iron signals. I got a big iron signal and started pulling large pieces of a cast iron wash pot out of the ground. Then the bottles started popping out of the hole as I turned more dirt over. Ketchup bottles , hot sauce bottles and such, pieces of shoes etc...apparently this area was a dump site of sorts. I meandered around a bit more and found a rosie dime. Then saw a 1965 quarter laying on the surface, then a marble, another iron signal and dug an axe head. I decided to move away from this area and check out more of the field. I found a CW 3 ringer bullet and a large piece of melted lead. Toward the end of the hunt i crossed back over the trashy area and found 2 more marbles on the surface , some silverware and more brass stuff and a lincoln penny on the surface.

Here are my finds
Thanx for lookin and HH y'all

Attachments

• DSC00068.JPG
    DSC00068.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Places like that I wish I could get a backhoe in there and see how much is under round. WTG on your silver,though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread