My day with soonerdan25 at Wedington lake!

jap1966

Oct 2, 2009
Colcord, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Allot of you have seen the posts by soonerdan25 and I had the privilege of hunting with him last week at Weddington lake in NW Arkansas. He and I got our GTI 2500s at the same time but he has aggressively hunted with his, so I have learned allot from him. Goes to show if you hit the ground running you will learn your detector and hunting techniques. I found this little pile of clad on our hunt and most of it was no more than four inches deep. Soonerdan25 convinced me to post so everyone could enjoy my find and he also introduced me to TN. I am glad I have the op pertunity to have found a Hobie witch allows me to find lost treasure and enjoy a hunt with my best friend.

Attachments

• lakewed1001.jpg
    lakewed1001.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 600
  • weddington100109.JPG
    weddington100109.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 479
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a good friend/teacher to help you get started. Remember to thank him often. He will save you years of
experiences, and help you get ideas for the older coins.
Great post. Great finds. You are officially "hooked." Welcome to a life passion. :thumbsup:

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Most welcome to TN, Jap. You'll never convince me, this isn't the best hobby going.
Looks like you and your friend had a most excellent day. :hello2:

BW

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net.....looks like you did pretty good...often thought of Lake Wedington...never have hunted there.....my mom lives near Prairie Grove....got a buddy that lives in Bentonville that is a dealer in detectors and mining stuff...he lived here in Mena but moved closer to his daughter.....see ya later

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread