Pretty good day with the MXT!!

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took out my new MXT i got a couple of weeks ago on its first coinshooting mission. I must say I am pleased at how it did. I did not feel like digging alot of pop tops so I cancelled out them and I know I missed some nickles but,I found in clad 1.85 which includes

32 pennies
3 quarters
5 dimes

plus these nice keepers!!

1 silver 1965 half
1 1944D Merc
10 wheats
1 silver ring Boy Scout?
1 old Chinese coin? has dragon on one side and script on the other.

It has been a while since I have posted something here but it felt pretty good to find some silver for a change!!! Tim

Attachments

• finds 010.jpg
    finds 010.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 931
Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good hunt?!?! I'd say you had an EXCEPTIONAL hunt!!! Way to go. :headbang:
I too own the MXT. It sure is a fantastic machine. :thumbsup: Looks like you have your new friend all worked out just fine. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
Put a detector in the mans hands and he digs it all up...Grats on the great day and good finds. Told you it sounded like you were headed to a good spot....lol

You sure you don't want to trade that MXT for mine?

J/K

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
njnydigger said:
Pretty good hunt?!?! I'd say you had an EXCEPTIONAL hunt!!! Way to go. :headbang:
I too own the MXT. It sure is a fantastic machine. :thumbsup: Looks like you have your new friend all worked out just fine. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Thanks for the compliment. Yes I am very satisfied with its performance today. I wish everytime I went detecting I came home with these sort of finds but they are few and far between it seems.......Matter of fact this has been one of the better days I have had in a couple of years.................I put the 6X10DD coil on it the other day and it is a real good combination.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! your MXT really likes you I can tell - man thats like a months worth of great finds

for me - I too am enjoying the MXT - and last week was treated to 2 gold rings --so dig

your nickel and pulltab signals if your location is believable for gold jewelry. Argentium.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Yes,

They are nice finds.

The mxt is a very sensitive unit on small objects. Does pretty well on coins to.

HH Jer

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BURLIVES said:
Great scout ring!....it's a meaty one!

Yea it is a nice one..........It looks older too because it seems to have an art deco'ish look to it. The first one I found was bigger than this one........I let a friend have it because he collected boy scout stuff........This one is not going anywhere though!!

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ELVISFAN said:
what was the reading on the Boy Scout Ring..?

It came up between dime and quarter.......back and forth......from 80 to 84.......It would not lock on..........before I pulled it out of the plug I noticed it was laying sideways, so I believe that is why it would not lock onto a specific VDI, it was in the 6-7 inch range, Tim

ELVISFAN

Apr 26, 2007
WEBB CITY MISSOURI
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF THE READING WAS BETWEEN 80 TO 84 I WOULD SAY THE RING IS.925 SILVER I FOUND A HUGE MASONS RING THAT READ +85....

tndigger

Mar 11, 2009
tn
Detector(s) used
teknetics T2
:icon_pirat:Lokks like the mxt will pay for itself in no time great job !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread