3rd Half from the old park this year...........

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Imagine my surprise when I dug this the other day. It was a chilly hunt and I had only found a couple wheats so I thought I would hit a different spot and work my way to the truck. I dug the 1908d Barber half (my first) from about 5 or 6 inches down. She's a little beat up as this part of the park was plowed for corn fields for years. Also got another Injun, this one a '99. I used my scanner for the pics, it seems to work pretty good.
I'm a little :crybaby2: this morning as we got some snow last night, yes snow, but not too much so I shouldn't loose much depth!! At least I don't have to mow anymore!!! Thanks for looking and in the words of the Capt.," keep the passion high" and HH.

Deano

IMG-1.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Upvote 0

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the 1/2 and IH. Down here we got about 1-2"+ of snow which I hate maybe it will melt off for tomorrow.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yep nice ones...I got my first Barber Half this year as well... Congrats....jgas

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Congratulations on that very nice Barber half :headbang:

OP
OP
deano

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
IAsoldier said:
WTG on the 1/2 and IH. Down here we got about 1-2"+ of snow which I hate maybe it will melt off for tomorrow.
It's 1 o'clock the snow is almost gone and I'm headed for the park, much more of this and the frost will penetrate the soil so our time is precious!!!!

dulac

Apr 29, 2009
Sgt. Bluff, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelabs (E-trac & Explorer XS)
Some awesome big silver there, Deano. What we next is a warm front to bring us some of that indian summer.

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Man snow in early Oct.,you poor souls in the heartland!It will be another 5-6 weeks till I have to think about snow thank goodness.Barber halfs are always a sweet find. :thumbsup:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt there congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread