A Hike Of A Hunt

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Evy and I got together today with Monty, Burdie, and Sniffer to hunt a spot that I've gotten permission to hunt that's never had a detector swung on it.
Looks can be deceiving though as for parking vs. walking. lol
IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG

IMG_2406.JPG

Gypsy, we're sure sorry you guys couldn't make the trip. :'( You guys were sorely missed. :(

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana, I sold my 4 wheeler a few weeks ago. My brother-in-law just had to have it and I don't use it but about 4 or 5 times a year. It was just sitting in the garage taking up room and depreciating. It only had 360 miles on it. But you are right, I sure wish I had it yesterday! Hey, and we found some bullets too! Wish you had been here. Monty

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those that found tax tokens and bullets thought of Nana and I found a zipper pull guess who I thought of? ;D

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
No feather in my cap PBK. :laughing9:

I'm sure there's more to be found. I was too tired last night to post my finds so don't want to keep y'all waiting. Wound up with a ring (belt buckle style), a couple of wheaties, a couple of tax tokens (Hey Nana!), some small compact lids, a cash coin-not a cache of coins :( , and last but not least a great time with some great friends!

Attachments

• IMG_2529.JPG
    IMG_2529.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_2523.JPG
    IMG_2523.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_2530.JPG
    IMG_2530.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_2531.JPG
    IMG_2531.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 688
  • marble age.JPG
    marble age.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 696
  • IMG_2532.JPG
    IMG_2532.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 693

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty...you'll have to borrow your 4 wheeler for the next trip there! :D Get those pics up! I wanna see 'em! :wink:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I knew you would be okay Monty, I was just keeping you company LOL
seriously though, had a great time at a new site, thanks to Jeff and Evy

I found a .25 play money coin, that rang up as a quarter and I found a live 30 - 30 round

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hey! It looks like y'all had a great time. That place looks very inviting! Thanks for all the pics, and I like the feather!

naturegirl

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wonderful pictures of what looks like a wonderful day!

Thanks Granny, for pointing me to the post.

Love those pictures and the finds.

Good days with good friends just can't be beat.

Nan

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey stoney, :hello: Looks like a great spot there! One of those places where you could hit many times and still come away with stuff :thumbsup:

That ring is neat and the cash coin is cool. Great pics too!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Stoney...I mean Chief Sits a Lot....looks like you all had a great time and we are really sorry we weren't able to make it...especially after seeing your company and the great pics.....Miss you all.....and who is that blonde following you around?

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Allen, that red dot is where the house is in the far tree line.

Gypsy, we all missed you as well and I know your ears were burning. :wink: As for the blonde, that's my new maiden Squatsalotndigsjunque. :P

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me wish I lived closer to OK !!! Would have loved to horn in on ya'll's fun!
Neat finds there guys. Glad you got to get together and have a TH, even if the rest of us can only participate by reading about it..... :'(

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey ChiefSitsALot, SquawSquatsALotnDigsJunque, Monty, Sniffer, Burdie and GreatSpiritsWatching!! Great job! Looks like a fun spot. Looks like you were out in my woods! :D Congrats on a fun day and nice junque!!! Take a deep breath, Monty ... it'll be easier next time! ;D

Luv the new blonde, SquawSquats!!!

Noodle

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was alot of fun and wish you all could have joined us!

I miss everyone sooooo much! And the blonde in his life does have more fun!

Thanks from Squatsalotndigsjunque (aka) Mental Granny (aka) Evy :laughing7:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, It sure would have been nice to been there. Hope you find much more. HH.....

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want everyone to know that this wasn't an organized hunt so no one will feel bad about not being invited. It was just a group of us who stay in close contact or, travel through each other's town often and one day Stoney just phoned and said , "Let's do it", so we did! Looking forward to Burdie's hunt in Kansas in May. Everyone be ready. Most of you know what a fine time we always have at the Kansas hunts so let's look forward to it as we while away the time this winter. Hear that Burdie? We're ready.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have acquired the site and Dennis will mow it before long. Then we will mow again in May. Just walking the area we have found glass and pottery. It will be the largest site so far. It is part of the Chisholm trail and in 1905 a street ran along side of property and had three houses on the block. The houses are no longer there. Farm ground now.

Well I hope to get pictures of my meager finds soon. By the way the reason I beat every one to the site, was the path was down hill and I was running to keep from falling down. :-[ Now where did I put my finds?

Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread