Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out Saturday to a local small park on a Lake to try out the MXT.... WOW is this thing sensitive.. Found a TON of bottle caps and pull tabs, seems that the strongest signals (and sounds) were from the bottle caps. Found one that was 12" down in the sand... Turned the Disc down a tad to the "nickel" notch, afraid I would miss too much if I decreased it more but now I think I have to do that or I will be breaking my back just digging BT and Tabs...
Worked the whole small beach area and found a quarter and a few pennies... Walked over to the far corner (with 5 little kids milling all around me), and got a good solid "blip", but not very loud... Pinpointed it and it said it was at 8".... Dug down about that deep and then used the V4 pinpointer (how can one NOT use those?), and it chirped when I ran it along the back of the hole... Dug a bit with the tip of my finger, and out popped this....

I couldnt believe my eyes! First time out (and not a hugely popular beach) and I find GOLD?? My wife was ecstatic! Now she says "when you get yours paid for, then I want one!"..... How great is that?

I can only imagine that with more practice, it will only get better!! I love this machine... Forgot to say... Ring is stamped 10K and cleaned up very nicely.. Total clad for the two hours of searching was a whopping $0.42 but who is complaining? LOL...

Attachments

• first ring.jpg
    first ring.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 521
  • first ring 2.jpg
    first ring 2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 519
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice opal stone and maybe 6 diamond chips! If wifey is considering detecting, better get her a detector soon, great quality time and partnership. HH, Mike

PAUL2006

Jun 25, 2009
OREGON
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
awesome

Attachments

• Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
    Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 480
  • emot86.gif
    emot86.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 413
  • Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
    Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 494
  • emot86.gif
    emot86.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 408

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring congrats, I really like my MTX it seems to have great depth for sure.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtg on the first gold SS thats a beautiful first , I agree I'd be willing to lay money that you have chips with your opal which makes the find even sweeter , glad your likin your MXT their a great machine . :icon_thumright: keep up the good work an keep postin what you find .

rebeljim52

Sep 20, 2009
Silverstreet SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000 and used XLT E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find .ring is very nice. need :hello2:to get me a pinpointer

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very good for the first try.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice ring,

The mxt is hot on gold and small items. Your gonna find alot more with that unit.

HH Jer

maddog

Jan 26, 2009
Detector(s) used
MXT 300
Great score!!! When I hunt coins and silver I use the Relic Mode -Gain cranked to +3 or what is best, Desc all the way clockwise. Coins and silver will show up as "BUCKLE" if you watch the VDI scale Nickles will show up as buttons usually +20. Good luck and happy hunting - The best part is you'll like it more and more as you use it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions