Silver Surprise today

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Today I went to an old plantation site to try my luck once again. All I found this time was some big iron. Mostly pieces of plow points, kettles, and a clothes iron. My machine was acting screwy as it has been lately. I believe i need a new coil and headphones and perhaps a checkup at the nautilus company(Tyndall Electronics) in Coats NC. Fortunately I only live 30 mins away from there. Anyway, I was a bit disappointed with my hunt today so I stopped at the local grocery store and bought 2 bananas and a box of cereal. $4.49 for a box of cereal?...I remember about 3 yrs ago this same box was about $2.50. As I was paying for my "golden" cereal , the kid at the checkout handed me my change and dropped 2 of the quarters on the counter. I noticed one of the quarters was tarnished in the low areas of the coin. It was a 1942 silver quarter. The kid said "that didn't sound right" when the coin hit the counter. I replied "It sounded great to me" as I showed him the coin and told him it was silver. Then I asked him if he had any more in the cash register. He looked through it and handed me another quarter that he thought might be a silver one . It was a newer state quarter. Oh well...I didn't feel so bad about the price of the cereal since they gave me silver to offset the cost ....lol. I might try another spot this evening...if my Nautilus will cooperate.

Thanx for looking and HH y'all.

Attachments

• DSC00071.JPG
    DSC00071.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC00072.JPG
    DSC00072.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC00073.JPG
    DSC00073.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 496
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find !! :headbang:

Sadly this dose not happen very often. :( I had it happen once in 5 years.... :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D :D

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol wtg so definetly cant beat huntin silver the easy way in the check out line , I know I'm allways eyes wide open in the bank an check out lines just for that reason , I spoted 2 silver dollars in the register at the pet store the other day a centenial 1976 an a 1971 , not silver but the old big silver dollars so I scooped em up .

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I hear ya on the cereal. now days I buy millville cereal from aldi's or the dollar store it costs about half what the general mills/kellogs/ralston stuff does. they also have cheap oatmeal too. nice job os finding the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread