Quick hunt at local park nets two surprise silvers

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I had about an hour to get out swinging the coil yesterday afternoon, so I ran over to a local park that I've hit in the past but left in frustration due to the horrendous amount of trash there. In talking with the director of parks and rec about the park several months ago, he informed me that this park had once been the town dump, which explains all of the deep large metal items that give off decent signals.

Anyways, I ended up getting really surprised when I dug a plug and saw a beautiful winged head staring up at me. Holy cow, a merc in this park? Now I had a hole different perspective on things. So with the time I had remaining I loaded a silver coin program into my E-Trac to see if I could snag any more silvers.

I ended up finding some clad quarters and dimes as they ID in at high VDI numbers like a silver coin would. Then right under the grass I found a silver Roosevelt dime. So in a little over an hour, I picked up two silvers, and a new spot to start detecting.

A lot of soccer gets played in this park, and there are two baseball diamonds there as well. I know there must be some rings here, which is what I was really hoping to find last night. I know it won't be a problem finding any silver rings as long as I sweep my coil over them, as they will ID high like a silver coin. But unless I go back to more of a wide open pattern, I will discriminate out any gold rings. I think the next time I go to this park I'll put my small elliptical coil on and brave the trash in hopes of finding a gold ring.

Happy Hunting,

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_2509.JPG
    IMG_2509.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 623
Upvote 0

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking merc congrats on the silver.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yep, that'll do.....Nice silvers.....Congrats... :thumbsup: jgas

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread