3 LG Cents, 3 IHs, 4 silver, some bullets and a 2nd Corp Badge

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Hello All,

Good day at a new spot!! Started off digging 2 bullets and the clover looking thing right after getting there.. then had 3 large cents in the next 1/2 hour! spent a few more hours and dug another 3 Ihs, including a 1859 fatty.. 2 war nickels.. the silver dimes with some wheats in a little pocket spill.. and another V nickle.. so in about 3 hours or so of digging over two days.. total for the spot is:

3 large cents
1 Flying Eagle
4 IHs
2 V Nickles
5 silvers
A Gardner and a flatten 3 ringer..
a bunch of wheats?

MB

I'm still waiting to verify that it is a 2nd Corp Badge.. but really looks like a lot of the ones I have been able to find via google... I just don't get my hopes up since I have found things before I thought were badges and turned out not to be... but it's hard not to think 2nd Corp as soon as you see anything that looks like a clover.. esp when they came through my area..

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 908
Upvote 0

Marc in VA

Jun 27, 2003
Stafford, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab Equinox 800, 3 Minelab XS Explorers
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Re: 3 LG Cents, 3 IHs, 4 silver, some bullets and a few other things.. Good day!!

Marc in VA said:
Sure looks like a 2nd corp badge to me. Super nice find!!! The rest of your finds are real nice but the corp badge takes the cake. They are one of the holy grails of relic hunting!

Marc

Sort of looks like this one:

http://www.relicman.com/miscellaneous/insig.htm

bottom of the page... but I have dug items before that I swore were badges.. and turned out to be something else.. it would look good next to my 3rd Corp Badge if it turns out to be ;D I'll have it checked out... and post if it is..

MB

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 3 LG Cents, 3 IHs, 4 silver, some bullets and a few other things.. Good day!!

Great stuff! Great 2nd Corps badge, wonderful coins....

I'd be Very pleased with that hunt.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

That's a great day man.

You got some nice sites and the right unit to do the job.

HH Jer

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

BuckleBoy said:
Great stuff! Great 2nd Corps badge, wonderful coins....

I'd be Very pleased with that hunt.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Thanks.. I was except MonkeyBoy Jr didn't do very well.. got a few wheaties... but.. he will be getting my DFX soon so that should help!! ;-)

MB

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

That's a heck of a hunt! :thumbsup: Those coins deserve some close-up photos! :headbang:

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large cents ........You are in the right spot my friend! Nothing wrong with digging those coins that hit like bombs! Very nice!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread