Slow hunt today...but I got silver!

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Stopped in on the way home from the vet today, and took a detour in the neighborhood to find out who owns a lot that has an old sidewalk on it and used to have a house. Talked to an old man...for hours! Turns out the old house was from the mid 1800's! Also turns out the former owners had a trash dump in the yard (I'm not a bottle digger, but if I were, I would be in heaven!). The ground is SATURATED with iron. Between the iron I was able to score a 1957 D and 1952 D set of wheats...
1957.JPG
1952.JPG

Then I went over to the old sidewalk...and about two inches down, on top of the sidewalk, found this 1942 Washington...not much, but it's still silver!
1942wash.JPG
1942washback.JPG

Went to my silver park and got this 1918 wheatie...
1918wheat.JPG

And here's the other kills...
bugs.JPG
compac.JPG
ID tag (2).JPG
ID tag.JPG

AND got this .22 cal rimfire. Read as a quarter at 11 inches...turned out to be about 5-6 inches down...
It's got a lightning bolt on it, and you can see where it had been fired...
.22boltcu.JPG

But it's crimped...like the military's blanks...
.22side.JPG
.22crimp.JPG

I'm thinking start pistol for racing! Cool find!
thanks for lookin'!

~Tom

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds nice silver :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Dude that thing with the bugs on it is an old creepy crawler mold wow havent ever found on of thos cool . real nice wheats and nice silver . silver and wheats is a great day nice,nice wtg Rob :coffee2:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
were are you going to return that thing to? it says if found return to???? ;D ;D ;D cool hunt! willy

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. I used to have a lot of those Thingmaker molds. They were from the 1960's. Never found one with a metal detector though. Sounds like you found a great spot.

maddog

Jan 26, 2009
Detector(s) used
MXT 300
The Thingmaker mold reminds me of my childhood - Wish I was detecting then.- Nice finds. :icon_thumleft:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. Looks like the mold brought back a lot of memories for a lot of members. :icon_thumright:

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Too Cool I had a creepy crawler when I was a kid had allot of fun with it congrats on the silver HH

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate those tough hunts. Had one like that after work today. When the ground is like that, any old wheatie you can pull up is a happy event.

Nice bunch of finds, congrats on the silver.

HH,
R.I.

dulac

Apr 29, 2009
Sgt. Bluff, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelabs (E-trac & Explorer XS)
You say the '42 quarter is not much. I say If I could find 1 of those every week, I'd be one happy hunter. Congrats on all the neat finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread