just two bucks.. but what would u do?

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just two dollar coins that were at the local gas station. 1972d and a 1776-1976d Eisenhower's. was checking my change, and the lady says i give u the wrong amount? i say no just checking them for keepers. then she opens the cash drawer and pulls out these two coins. so i trade two bills for two coins. OK trade by me... best of digs to all MR TUFF

Attachments

• Photo034.jpg
    Photo034.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 789
  • Photo035.jpg
    Photo035.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 791
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Tuff that's kinda scary , I got 2 sunday a 1971 D and a centennial 1776/1976 D....OK I just got the chills.

I kept em an threw em in my safe with my keeper stuff I haven't seen any of em in so long , they may only be worth a dollar now but maybe when my girls get em they'll be worth something .

But if you don't want them PM me I'll give ya the $2 for em an pay the shipping .

Attachments

• SDC10513.JPG
    SDC10513.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 742

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol no kidding flyr what are the odds huh .....just think the non Centennials are only 1 year off from each other

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
whats bad is when your kids are checking out the change before it hits your pocket. my son seen a 63 rosie before i did he said stop dad i think it is a 63 sure enough it was. my daughter sassydiggs is the mder and my son well he has a machine dont like it wont use just picks up every coin he finds. even asks the nieghbors and family if they have change he can look through to see if they are keepers. the nieghbor lady down the alley from his grandparents called up and said andrew was down at her house going through her change jug for her looking for silvers 64 and back wheaties and war nickels .they asked her if he was bothering her she said nope it is kinda neat seeing a 7 year old with a pencil and paper and a magnifying glass looking at coins .i think i am going to get one of those treasure chests they advertisedsome years back on tv with all the coins in it i think he might enjoy that for christmas.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some of the people I work with report they will get a silver quarter or dime here and there in change.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Ikes are really not very rare, when bank hopping to do coin roll hunting, they are a fairly common find. I always buy them just to check for the 40% silver ones. But then I just spend em, like the look on peoples faces when you spend them! But they are not hard to find at all in this area........

M

michigan michael

rjw4law said:
Some of the people I work with report they will get a silver quarter or dime here and there in change.

It happens........... My mother gave me a rough buffalo nickel that she received in change from a Kroger store. All I could say was lets go Krogering! I could not believe that one made it to circulation............ :icon_scratch:

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Goes4ever said:
the Ikes are really not very rare, when bank hopping to do coin roll hunting, they are a fairly common find. I always buy them just to check for the 40% silver ones. But then I just spend em, like the look on peoples faces when you spend them! But they are not hard to find at all in this area........
I agree with you 100 % I went to a bank and asked a teller If they had Any halfs or dollars . she told me a lady turned in a bunch like 600 dollars and she said please buy them I can t get rid of them . long story short I filed two half books both the silver kind and most of the dollars were clad however if i remember there were over 100 keeps pre 65. It pays to check banks. :coffee2:

jake123

Greenie
May 6, 2009
They say things happen in threes. Not a new find but last week I was going through old keepsakes and found two 1776-1976 that were put away the year they were issued.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions