1 hour 1840 house hunt...AWESOME buckle...AND, fun with the broom???

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Odd title I know. Went door knocking for the first time. Got permission, but the owner said about 5 years ago a traveling Civil War reenactment group came through and had read about his house (oldest in the town, and next to the oldest courthouse this side the Mississippi) and asked for permission to MD. He granted said permission, and said he had an Army of MDers in his yard. For once, they were respectful ( I would expect as much from a group like that though). He said he couldn't even tell they had been there. He said they had found bullets, coins, and even solid silver buckles!!!
Well, as we all know...no place is ever hunted out. I got an hour and here's the kills!

A piece of rolled lead (first old lead I had ever dug...) You can see that it is rolled from the side pic...
rolled lead.JPG
rolled lead front.JPG
rolled lead scale.JPG
This small lead ball (looks like a dropped bullet)
lead ball.JPG

AND THIS AWESOME BUCKLE!!! This is my favorite buckle!
WBC buckle.JPG
WBC buckle back.JPG WBC other back.JPG
WBC buckle scale.JPG
WBC close up.JPG
I am going to find out the original owners initials/name...I will update of course!

Then, on the way home, my wife says to stop by my mothers house for a suprise... here it is...
broom.JPG
broom top 2.JPG
me and the broom.JPG

The pics are taken at my house...because I IMEDIATELY went home and tried it...even had my mother bring her broom over! Everyone can do it, just today and tomorrow...because the changing of the seasons (equinox)...just line the broom up North to South and balance it.
Thanks for lookin'!

~Tom

Upvote 0

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried the broom thing it works :icon_thumright: but it didnt stay up long. Cool finds though.

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds!

Broom trick worked here in IL but I thought this was always done with a raw egg?
It wasn't hard to do at all and I think it has more to do with the broom than anything else.

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
Nice suspender clip. You never know what you can find unless you ask permission to hunt someones property. BTW I had to immediately try the broom trick and it works. It has been standing for about 5 minutes now and I am hoping that it will stay up all night long so it will freak out my kids when they get up for school in the A.M.
HH
Jeff K

OP
OP
ashleysflyr

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Mayo South Elgin said:
Cool finds!

Broom trick worked here in IL but I thought this was always done with a raw egg?
It wasn't hard to do at all and I think it has more to do with the broom than anything else.

First...THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE RESPONSES!!! I had fun with the broom thing all day... The raw egg is the summer equinox...and I have NEVER had enough time to do it...Thanks again folks...glad I'm not the only looney one!

~Tom

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ashleysflyr said:
Mayo South Elgin said:
Cool finds!

First...THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE RESPONSES!!! I had fun with the broom thing all day... The raw egg is the summer equinox...and I have NEVER had enough time to do it...Thanks again folks...glad I'm not the only looney one!

~Tom

A lot of loonies on this site!

Attachments

• loonie.jpg
    loonie.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 357

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Broom thingy works in Europe. Wifey was a bit upset I was playing around with her vehicle, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread