Scored Gold and Silver yesterday ( the ez way)

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
My trusty old Nautilus has acting a bit erratic lately , so my first stop was the Dollar Store where I was going to purchase new batteries. All they had was Energizers in the 9 volt size so I asked the woman working there if the had any Druracell 9 volt batteries(they tend to last longer in my machine). The clerk asked me what I was using them for and I told her they were for my metal detector . Well, that spawned a lengthy conversation about treasure hunting and jewelry. OK , I admit it ,,,,she was HOTT!. Anyways , she told me a place where an old boyfriend of hers had thrown his gold wedding band out of the car about 3 yrs ago. She gave me specific details of about where it was. I bought my batteries and headed to the area where the ring should be. I searched the area for about half an hour. No luck...only remnants of beer cans and pulltabs. Mind you , this was along the side of a road so I expected to find a lot of trash. The weather was cool and rain was getting heavier so I took a ride to a local coin shop just to drool for a while. I ended up buying a 1 oz 999 fine silver bar for $16.50(Lake Tahoe) and a 1945 gold Dos Pesos Mexican coin for $49.50....those $10.00 gold pieces sure looked inviting but my wallet said "No Way!!"
sorry about the blurry pics ...my camera sucks.

thanx for looking and HH y'all.

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 595
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 593
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 595
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
allen said:
lately thats the only way i can get silver or gold, buying it !
did you get the hotties number ?

No!!....From what i heard in our brief discussion and what I already know about her , way too much drama for me....4-H was absolutely correct that she is a candidate for The Jerry Springer Show.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
gxray said:
allen said:

No!!....From what i heard in our brief discussion and what I already know about her , way too much drama for me....4-H was absolutely correct that she is a candidate for The Jerry Springer Show.

Those are the best kind, you won't feel a bit bad for kicking her to the curb after a couple of weeks and you will have all her hot friends numbers too. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
G

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
savant365 said:
gxray said:
allen said:

Those are the best kind, you won't feel a bit bad for kicking her to the curb after a couple of weeks and you will have all her hot friends numbers too. :thumbsup:

hmmmmm...good point! Perhaps I should go back buy some more batteries and XXLarge Condoms...lol

big paul

Sep 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES QUNTUM2
awesome find

Attachments

• bigtup.gif
    bigtup.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 315
  • bigtup.gif
    bigtup.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 320
  • cool-2.gif
    cool-2.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 316

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
savant365 said:
gxray said:
allen said:

DOH!!! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread