Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver from Vickie to Edward to George and ........."O"

From the land of the Bluenose.........grrrrrrrrrrrrr zmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Damn vac truck was doing the carpets in the building and this bouy was just getting home from a night shift! Son of a sea horse, what in the halibut, hake and Lord love a duck which I saw a few of as I vacated the apartment and went a digging to escape the noise. The ducks, plenty in number and giving the albino crows a run for their money were pretty brazen along the shore and looked at me...not sure if they thought of me as a walking meal or with lust in their beady little eyes! Anyway in my deprived state I just ran at them like a raving lunitic waving the Garrett and they soon took to the sea.........peace and some quiet!
P3080001.jpg

Did the shore line that had been done a few days back and once again had to look at this poor excuse for a house.
P3080002.jpg

Heard threw the 10 pound test fishing line that the bouy made his loot from owning a few gold mines.

Anyway the tide was right and the first hit of the day was a nice toasty (no butter) token followed by a slew of pennies and then a 1872 Vickie quarter. Wasn't done as shortly thereafter a 1947 George V1 appeared from the muck and then......a slew of pennies followed by a 1908 quarter followed by.......you got it a slew of pennies and a few large ones at that with the oldest being 1859.

I was so tired that I was tripping over every mussel on the shore so I stopped dropped and counted my finds hoping; more like begging that I had quota! That I did and drove home pumping a large double milk from Tim's into me and a cool $20 into Otto. Bouy can sure put it back!

Once home I was immediately struck with the now familiar noise from the vac truck so I fired up the computer, clicked on Limewire, cranked up the sound and blasted my skull with tunes that were a heck of a lot more pleasant to listen to then the whine of the cleaners! I then phoned my boss and explained to him why I wasn't going in tonight.............bouy must be hard of hearing as I had to repeat myself three times!

Anyway me bouy take for the day was 2 keys, a silver 925er "O",3 silver coins, a game piece I think, a Halifax HRM pin, 3 large pennies, a smaller token stating no cash or trade value (have to clean that one up) with a total coinage of 56 @$3.31
P3090004.jpg

A few fellows wanted to see a better photo of my fav find from this year so hear goes. Brings tears to a bouys eyes me son. Tant it da trut youz for the Bluenose is sailing once again!
P3090006.jpg

Upvote 0

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
Re: Silver from Vickie to Edward to George and ........."O"

ya gotta love the nova scotia accent!! ta the sea tude ya!! :wink: :wink: :wink: willy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread