She was sitting under the iron... but cried to me through the nulls.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you've hunted 4 hours without any keepers in the pouch...you know you are at a POUNDED park. :dontknow:

Now common sense would tell most of us to move on...but I'm a little stubborn...and I don't like getting skunked. ;D

I am serious..4 hours without a keeper. ::)

The Yeti and I were getting punked :laughing9: ...so I said "let's hunt each side of this old dirt road. Which side do you want?"

The Yeti took the east side...leaving the west side for me.

I pretty much just stood in one spot and crept the coil along. I only took a step forward after 15 seconds or so. I mean I was creeping.

After another 40 minutes or so I heard a sweet little whine break the silence of the nulls. :wink: I got excited and REchecked the signal. It absolutely disappeared from EVERY pass except ONE. ::) An IFFY hit...but one to investigate. :hello:

9 out of 10 times I will walk on this iffy type of hit...but I was bored and it sounded very sweet from one angle...repeating on the return swing too. :icon_thumleft:

In every other pass from every other angle though...."nullsville". 8)

From that one tiny pass though....a sweet whining "warble" popped through the nulls. I'm diggin'! :icon_thumleft:

After removing a huge rusty nail from the hole at the 7" mark :tongue3: ...I ran the probe again....and out came a bottle cap from 8" :'( . Frustrated...I ran the probe 1 more time...and boy did it sing. :icon_thumleft: What a great feeling!

I dug another 2" of soil out of the way...and out popped a thin little silver disk from 10" deep. :headbang:

I picked it up and with my bad eyes...thought I had a Barber so I was stoked. :hello2:
I was even more stoked when the Yeti put on his now famous "super-duper, thick black rimmed, devo magnification system glasses :laughing9:....and said "no dude...it's a seated"...an 1890. :icon_thumleft:

Good thing it was a dreary day with no sun...cause if any of it passed through those freakin' glasses....it would have sent a laser beam...and melted the seated dime. :laughing9: ;D

This was a very rewarding find for me. I just knew there was something more to the sweet warble through the null than a big nail and a bottle cap. A find I won't soon forget.

I began to hunt again but felt like someone was breathing down my neck. :whip2: I looked over my left shoulder and what did I see? ....The Yeti had gone from 20 feet on the other side of the road where he was SUPPOSED to be hunting :tongue3: ....to MY side of the road...RIGHT next to me :o ....and rubbing elbows with me. ;D I guess he figured I needed some help hunting my spot where the seated came from. :laughing7:

It wasn't 20 minutes later that the Yeti let out a bellow...which could mean any of three things. 1) He was hungry :tongue3: ...2)...he needed to use the restroom :laughing7: ....3) he had located what he thought was a silver keeper. :icon_thumleft:

Since he helped me hunt my spot...or more like since he rooted me out of my spot....I helped him dig his hole. 8)

From the back side of the hole...I popped out his coin.

With a quick scan using the devo glasses 8) ...I confirmed another seated dime. This one an ancient 1857. :icon_thumleft:

The Yeti was fired up ...as I was. It was the first time EVER that he and I have found seated coins in the same hunt. :icon_thumleft:

Fellers' I'll tell you what....the Yeti is a weapon with his XS. :icon_thumleft: He's a freakin' funny looking weapon... with those devo looking, laser beam launching, :blob1:goggles of his :laughing9: ...but he's a silver sniffin' weapon nonetheless. :headbang:

My seated lady crying through the nulls was so much more meaningful since the Yeti found one too. :hello:

It just goes to show you that you never know what will pop out....and when. What a wonderful hobby.
:angel7:

Attachments

• coins253.jpg
    coins253.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,595
  • coins254.jpg
    coins254.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,597
  • coins255.jpg
    coins255.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,601
  • coins256.jpg
    coins256.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,595
  • coins257.jpg
    coins257.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,593
  • coins258.jpg
    coins258.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,589
Upvote 0
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Bryce, you and the Yeti are a riot. :laughing9: I always enjoy your adventures with him. :headbang:

Sweet Seated dimes you guys found there. There should be more where they came from. Keep hitting it, Bryce Man!! :notworthy:

Kyle
Thanks Kyle. The Yeti is definitely a traveling "road show" of sorts :laughing7:.
It's so much more fun finding stuff when you have friends to share it with.
Add in a pair of THICK pop bottle lenses looking glasses. and.... :laughing9:

jimbob450 said:
Very nice finds, By the way, does Harbor Frieght handle
those glasses? Jimbob
Thanks Jimbob. :laughing7: I don't think so. These babies look like punk rock glasses from the 80's...but with thich lenses ;D

JerDfx said:
Man nice seateds man.

You guys get seated coins often. I get one a yr if I am lucky. And I got history around me like crazy. Oh well I may get a minelab next yr.

HH Jer
Thanks Jer. I've seen your finds buddy...and you do very well. I always look forward to your posts.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Hilarious story Bryce. It sounds like you two are a formidable detecting team. Every time I see or hear the word YETI I think of when I was a teenager and my brother Kelly and I used to do this funny call back and forth at drinking parties. We called it the Yeti yodle and believe me it was the life of the party. Everybody would laugh hysterically. Ahh the good ole days. It used to be Wine,women and song now it's Beer, the ole lady and Tv.Great hunt you 2 had. :thumbsup:
Chris
Thanks Chris. I know nothing about drinking parties :wink: What the heck are those? 8) :icon_thumleft:
I bet the Yeti Yodle was a pretty cool roll call :headbang:

romeo-1 said:
Good looking silver!!
Thanks romeo

allen said:
he was making sure you didnt miss that coin !!
Thanks allen. Yes he was ;D

halfdime said:
They're a lovely pair!
Thanks H.D.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Tuff said:
nice seated dimes :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Thanks Mr Tuff

montanagold said:
Nice haul Bryce, Congrats!!
Thanks for responding M.G. I appreciate it.

The Seeker said:
No site is ever hunted out.........4 hours with out a keeper, that is kinda rough. What you put into this hobby is what your gonna get out of it........I'm a firm believer in ( Its never over until its over ) and I believe that goes for metal detecting! Seek and you shall find!!! WTG
Thanks you friend. You and I think a lot alike. AND I'm very stubborn :D

BuckleBoy said:
Most diggers will not dig signals that could surpise them. My hat is off to you. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that iron and multiple targets under the coil at one time play real havoc with a good target's signal. You gotta dig it all.

Bravo for digging that coin. :thumbsup:
Thanks Buckleboy. I agree 100% and have learned a lot the last year or so about what things sound like when they're mixed in with crap. It has really opened my eyes. :icon_thumleft:

t-bucket said:
WTG ,Glad you are out hunting !!!! Love to see those seated coins !!! Good new and bad news. The bad news I have to have surgery as soon as they can get me in but the good news is I am done with work !!!!! :thumbsup: Have a Good one and give me a call sometimes !!! :thumbsup:
Thanks G-Money. Make sure you let me know when you have the surgery. I'll keep in touich and we'll try to get a hunt in before it gets too freakin' cold. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Bryce, if anyone can sniff out a silver coin it's you :o. Amazing story and how you found it :hello2:
Thanks CJH. I appreciate the comments buddy.

postalgriff said:
great finds, and a great story. congrats to you both on those seated coins, and appreciate the detailed stories, fun stuff. :thumbsup:
Thanks postalgriff. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em ;D The Yeti is a hoot :laughing7:

TreasureFiend said:
Awesome job buddy, your a machine!!!!! :icon_pirat:
Thanks Fiend ;D

Hardy said:
GREAT STORY AND GREAT FINDS :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Hardy

Baldingboy said:
If I bring you my Se Pro...will you show me how to use this SOG?

I think you could teach me a thing or twenty.

Baldingboy
Thanks B.B. Actually maybe we could meet some time in St. Louis and pound a few parks? The next time I head that way...I'll try and send you a message and see if you can come along.

rjw4law said:
Ahhhh, but they were such good years.
Yes they were ;D

Michiganne said:
A couple of exceptional seateds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congrats to you and the Yeti, Bryce.
Great story as usual.

HH
Thanks Michiganne. i appreciate the response and the kind words. The Yeti is usually good for a laugh or 2 ;D

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins Bryce. Alot of guys,(except me and you :wink:), would have given up on that signal. Good call, and GREAT find. Congrats......The HOGGE :notworthy:

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Way to go Bryce!

That is one great hunt! Way to hang with it!

I really think it is time that you and the Yeti created your own TV show. Kinda like the "Odd Couple", but Tnet style.
Theme song should be to the tune of "The Streak", you know "Oh yes, they call him the Freak.....",

Between your skills at sniffing out silver, and the humor inherent in your posts I'm sure it would be a hit!

Congrats again on the Seated!, and for the Yeti, too!

Good Luck my friend!

Mark

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's what I'm talkin about bro! :icon_thumright: :thumbsup: :icon_thumleft:
Congrats!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Buzzard King said:
Sweet finds! :thumbsup:
Thanks BK

Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Nice job there Bryce :icon_thumright:
Thanks Brian

Mike from MI said:
Now that's what I'm talkin about bro! :icon_thumright: :thumbsup: :icon_thumleft:
Congrats!
Thanks Mike. Hope all is well with you.

mpostma said:
Way to go Bryce!

That is one great hunt! Way to hang with it!

I really think it is time that you and the Yeti created your own TV show. Kinda like the "Odd Couple", but Tnet style.
Theme song should be to the tune of "The Streak", you know "Oh yes, they call him the Freak.....",

Between your skills at sniffing out silver, and the humor inherent in your posts I'm sure it would be a hit!

Congrats again on the Seated!, and for the Yeti, too!

Good Luck my friend!

Mark
Thanks Mark. I do believe the Yeti would be a hit and a hoot on camera. ;D

hogge said:
Nice coins Bryce. Alot of guys,(except me and you :wink:), would have given up on that signal. Good call, and GREAT find. Congrats......The HOGGE :notworthy:
Thanks Hogge. Yep...i believe you and I have a "stubborn" side to us ;D

Fistfulladirt said:
Great finds SF, now that's skill! ffd
Thanks FFD

DigginThePast said:
Pays to know your detector. Congrats on some great finds. :icon_thumright:
Thanks DTP

itbeepsidig said:
real nice rescues on thos coins. Good going you 2.
Thanks friend

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Oh, Bryce!
I just had a terrible thought. PLEASE DO NOT let the Yeti confuse the theme song and start detecting and streaking at the same time! Our hobby simply cannot handle the bad publicity that would most likely result!

Good Luck!
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread