She was sitting under the iron... but cried to me through the nulls.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you've hunted 4 hours without any keepers in the pouch...you know you are at a POUNDED park. :dontknow:

Now common sense would tell most of us to move on...but I'm a little stubborn...and I don't like getting skunked. ;D

I am serious..4 hours without a keeper. ::)

The Yeti and I were getting punked :laughing9: ...so I said "let's hunt each side of this old dirt road. Which side do you want?"

The Yeti took the east side...leaving the west side for me.

I pretty much just stood in one spot and crept the coil along. I only took a step forward after 15 seconds or so. I mean I was creeping.

After another 40 minutes or so I heard a sweet little whine break the silence of the nulls. :wink: I got excited and REchecked the signal. It absolutely disappeared from EVERY pass except ONE. ::) An IFFY hit...but one to investigate. :hello:

9 out of 10 times I will walk on this iffy type of hit...but I was bored and it sounded very sweet from one angle...repeating on the return swing too. :icon_thumleft:

In every other pass from every other angle though...."nullsville". 8)

From that one tiny pass though....a sweet whining "warble" popped through the nulls. I'm diggin'! :icon_thumleft:

After removing a huge rusty nail from the hole at the 7" mark :tongue3: ...I ran the probe again....and out came a bottle cap from 8" :'( . Frustrated...I ran the probe 1 more time...and boy did it sing. :icon_thumleft: What a great feeling!

I dug another 2" of soil out of the way...and out popped a thin little silver disk from 10" deep. :headbang:

I picked it up and with my bad eyes...thought I had a Barber so I was stoked. :hello2:
I was even more stoked when the Yeti put on his now famous "super-duper, thick black rimmed, devo magnification system glasses :laughing9:....and said "no dude...it's a seated"...an 1890. :icon_thumleft:

Good thing it was a dreary day with no sun...cause if any of it passed through those freakin' glasses....it would have sent a laser beam...and melted the seated dime. :laughing9: ;D

This was a very rewarding find for me. I just knew there was something more to the sweet warble through the null than a big nail and a bottle cap. A find I won't soon forget.

I began to hunt again but felt like someone was breathing down my neck. :whip2: I looked over my left shoulder and what did I see? ....The Yeti had gone from 20 feet on the other side of the road where he was SUPPOSED to be hunting :tongue3: ....to MY side of the road...RIGHT next to me :o ....and rubbing elbows with me. ;D I guess he figured I needed some help hunting my spot where the seated came from. :laughing7:

It wasn't 20 minutes later that the Yeti let out a bellow...which could mean any of three things. 1) He was hungry :tongue3: ...2)...he needed to use the restroom :laughing7: ....3) he had located what he thought was a silver keeper. :icon_thumleft:

Since he helped me hunt my spot...or more like since he rooted me out of my spot....I helped him dig his hole. 8)

From the back side of the hole...I popped out his coin.

With a quick scan using the devo glasses 8) ...I confirmed another seated dime. This one an ancient 1857. :icon_thumleft:

The Yeti was fired up ...as I was. It was the first time EVER that he and I have found seated coins in the same hunt. :icon_thumleft:

Fellers' I'll tell you what....the Yeti is a weapon with his XS. :icon_thumleft: He's a freakin' funny looking weapon... with those devo looking, laser beam launching, :blob1:goggles of his :laughing9: ...but he's a silver sniffin' weapon nonetheless. :headbang:

My seated lady crying through the nulls was so much more meaningful since the Yeti found one too. :hello:

It just goes to show you that you never know what will pop out....and when. What a wonderful hobby.
:angel7:

Attachments

• coins253.jpg
    coins253.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,595
  • coins254.jpg
    coins254.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,597
  • coins255.jpg
    coins255.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,601
  • coins256.jpg
    coins256.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,595
  • coins257.jpg
    coins257.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,593
  • coins258.jpg
    coins258.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,589
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you've hunted 4 hours without any keepers in the pouch...you know you are at a POUNDED park. dontknow

Now common sense would tell most of us to move on...but I'm a little stubborn...and I don't like getting skunked.

Been there.............done that.

Not long ago I was at a park like that, it was like detecting on the moon. Except there were pulltabs.

Glad your hunt finally turned up something good.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and it is really cool that both of you found seated coins on the same day.
That's on my list to find next.

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
That is one sweet seated there Bryce!!! ,,, Yeti's looked pretty nice also,,,,,good hunt ,, man,,ya gotta work for them anymore dont ya???

have a good one.

swing ahead,,, :headbang:

art

Miningtown

Apr 22, 2009
Argyle, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI PRO sl, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Your patience pays off big time. Cool finds....cool writing style! Ditto on the glasses!

BURLIVES

Apr 14, 2009
Northeastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
CZ 6a
Really enjoy reading your posts, your a hound! Wish you lived close to me, would really like to hit some pounded spots with you!...great story, Burl

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
im begining to wonder! was it really the detecter that found the dime? or was it a silver sniffing yeti with ultrasonic devo glasses :D :D :D . sounds like you have alot of fun bryce with your tecting buddies. congrats on your null of a dime. willy

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Bryce,

Great story about persistence and silver. And the Yeti. :headbang:

Jim

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those seated dimes are sweet looking Bryce. :icon_thumleft:
Congrats to you and Yeti on the finds.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome got to love seeing those seated come out of the dirt congrats.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Man nice seateds man.

You guys get seated coins often. I get one a yr if I am lucky. And I got history around me like crazy. Oh well I may get a minelab next yr.

HH Jer

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Bryce, you and the Yeti are a riot. :laughing9: I always enjoy your adventures with him. :headbang:

Sweet Seated dimes you guys found there. There should be more where they came from. Keep hitting it, Bryce Man!! :notworthy:

Kyle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions