DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got an invitation from JasonB for a Columbus Day hunt. He and his buddy had found tons of clad and a few nice relics (CW and earlier) in the sports practice field at a local high school. The field is fill dirt from who-knows-where, but that's the cool thing about MDing in Northern Virginia. If the dirt came from anywhere within 50 miles it is likely to have old coins and relics in it. Such was the case!

My "find of the day" was an 1832 matron head large cent. Special thanks to JasonB for sharing the site. I'll return the favor soon.

http://www.geocities.com/dlevault/LC_1832_small.JPG

Also had a quick visit to my parents house in Pennsylvania on Friday and Saturday. Long ago their neighbor had told me of a picnic grounds used by the local Catholic church "before his time" (he is 78) in the woods across the road. I've been looking for it over the past two years. Friday afternoon I dug an 1890 V nickel, an 1887 IH, and a Victorian era gold cuff link. I've found the picnic grounds!

http://www.geocities.com/dlevault/Vnick_1890_small.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/dlevault/IH_Penny_1887_small.JPG

Sorry, I can't get the pics to work from Geocities for some reason... They worked earlier this morning... :icon_scratch:

DCMatt

Upvote 0

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Matt,

Steve and I enjoyed sharing the site with you, Chris, and Jim. We were really excited to see you nail that large cent. Great find!

We look forward to hunting together again soon.

JasonB

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to have hunting buddies. :D

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice digs guys. Yep, great to have buddies in the business! :headbang: Congrats on the digs. jgas

stillwater

Mar 18, 2009
Sterling, Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Yes, that's a beauty. I watched you pull it out of the dirt my friend. Made me a little jealous but couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. You are way more meticulous than me, you swingin robot. I especially like the coins from your Pennsylvania excursion too.

Me, you and Jimbo have to hook up with Steve and Jason again soon!

Chris

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt, I was absolutely delighted to see that sweet find in your hand! I had a great time hunting with you, Jason, Chris, and Jim. I hope we can get together again soon to dig some more history. Great find! Congratulations, Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread