Civil war belt buckle found in WA state

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey everybody, went out with my buddy vanoldschool today and what a day it was. It was slow going all day as we were trying to get creative and hunt some different spots. We were having absolutely no luck at all when I finally said let's go to an old homestead that I know about and give it a shot since we only had about an hour left. I've managed some old silver out of this place along with some nice jewelry in the past so we were hoping to get at least one nice coin out of there. I wasn't doing to good and Van had managed a 1924 wheatie. Then I hear him call out and see him doing the "happy dance" as he finds his first ever buffalo nickle, 193?. Then less than a minute later I get a strong signal on my SE, I pop out the plug and an oval shaped object flips out. I look at for a second and notice a couple of hoops on the back flip it over and see US. Let me tell you I almost pooped my pants. I yell at Van to come over and I put it in his hands. We both start screaming and dancing around. I'm still in shock. I see all the posts the guys back east make with the spectacular finds they make from the civil war and now I get to join the club. I haven't cleaned it yet, kind of scared to touch it. Any ideas on cleaning are appreciated. Thanks for reading and looking. HH

Attachments

• Toms Pics 056.jpg
    Toms Pics 056.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,481
  • Toms Pics 057.jpg
    Toms Pics 057.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Toms Pics 058.jpg
    Toms Pics 058.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,331
Upvote 0

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that is a beauty... maybe someday I'll add one to my collection...hmmmm maybe next june

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tomharris76 said:
Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. I'm still pretty stoaked. I can't wait to get back to that spot and see what else I can dig up.

Great find. Hopefully your next trip will be as kind to you in your quest for treasure. Beautiful relic
HH
TnMtns

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful plate!

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
Neat find specialy in WA st.
I know the US army spent time over here in the eastern part of the state. Didn't know, however, that they spent much time over on the westside.

Congrats
Jeff

OP
OP
tomharris76

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
TURNMASTER said:
Neat find specialy in WA st.
I know the US army spent time over here in the eastern part of the state. Didn't know, however, that they spent much time over on the westside.

Congrats
Jeff
There are some forts over here that date back that far, all on the water for obvious reasons. However, the place where this was found is nowhere near any of those places. It was found by an old homestead that also had an old indian trading post nearby. It's also right next to a river. Maybe they had a camp set up or something. Not sure, still scratching my head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread