Finally got a silver coin! 10¢

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Finally found a silver coin :hello2: I was starting to think I'd never get one. I went to a couple of older schools, one built in 1936 and the other in 1950. Not much luck at all at the older one, the whole lot is pretty much covered with buildings or concrete now. The other is on a huge lot, I started at the tot lot but there were too many kids so I started hitting all the grounds and found a 1938 nickel pretty close to the surface and in pretty good condition compared to most nickels I find.

A little later after some fields and another tot lot, I was going over the soccer field hoping for some jewelry and got a dime signal as I dug it started jumping to quarter and even dollar which made me think there was just a big piece of deep junk but at about 6 to 8 inches I saw the bright flash of silver in some of the dirt I piled aside and there she was :headbang:

I hit the rest of the field and then went over the outdoor open courtyards of the school but no luck. It started getting dark so I took off. No wheats at all :icon_scratch: but did find an old pizza place token. I'm sure this place has been hunted like crazy over the years but I still can't wait to get back there and find some more!

10-17-09.jpg

10-17-09_1.jpg
10-17-09_2.jpg

Upvote 0

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Good Job on finding your 1st silver coin :icon_thumright: !!!

TommNJ

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
First of many I'm sure. Sometimes finding the first one is the hardest. I hope there are more in the immediate future for you.

Keep us posted !!!

Congrats again on your first Silver coin. You'll always remember it !!

Brian in MA

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I really like your post here, and congrats on the first silver for you, if you keep at it you will find more, and when i saw the date on your rosie it made me remember my first silver, i had been detecting for a while and one day was whinning to my detector dealer and said i need to find a silver coin, don't care if all it is is a 1964 dime, just need to get one, the next time out hunting and about the second thing i dug up was a nice shiny 1954 rosie dime, i think the detecting gods smiled upon me an gave me an extra 10 years to stop the complaining! HH and keep swing that coil, you just never know whats going to pop up next.

Chuck.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congs on your first silver. Hope you start finding more. Keep hitting the place where you found him and there is probably more to come.......Matt

OP
OP
gilgar

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Thanks all, I know what you mean Chuck, I kept finding lots of 1965 quarters & dimes but couldn't break the barrier and get a measly '64. I thought for sure I'd find something at the older school and was kinda disappointed when I left for the 2nd one and was pretty much thinking I'd find nothing but clad.

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
congratulations, there is nothing quite like seeing that sweet, sweet silvery color in the dirt :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread