Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! The rain has not stopped around here for the last 4 days and now the cold is starting to move in with it. This morning was holding at 43 to 45 and a constant 10 to 15 breathing down your neck. My wife now just ask me where I'm going, she knows the weather is'nt going to stop me. :laughing7: Anyway I waited till 11 o'clock and the temp creeped up to 45 and the sprinkles only thing on doppler. I went back to Blue Ridge,Ga. where a couple of weeks ago I snagged a '40 wash and '46 rosy across from the train depot. The only thing I regret about today is not bringing my dang camera! The pic below shows where I found the washington and directly across the street is where I found the tokens. It was under the tree that I wanted to hunt because it was out of the wind and sprinkles. I had only been at it for a few minutes when I got that smooth sound of a coin which turned out to be the whty.(1918) I did'nt know if this was a bad omen or not :'( Couple of more pulltabs and a nail and another sweet sound of a coin, out pops the '64 rosy. Alright, I said to myself, I hope this is'nt the hangmans noose where you don't find anything else for the rest of the day. All this came up near the sidewalk and I started towards the base of the tree. After some more trash items and some 4ft from the base I get the smooth sound but just a little different. I do my regular plug hole and at 3 inches and I see 2 coins but separated by dirt. I pulled on the big one first of course and saw the Rinehart and Dennis and new right away I had a token. When I pulled the other and saw it was a token of the same I started doing the happy dance!! Calming down I carefully put my finds in my goody bag. As always I rescanned the hole, the same sound, no way not another! Sure enough out pops another for 5, then another for 5! I can't believe this! I must be dreaming! When I go over the area again and recieve another blip and out pops another for 25 I didn't know what to say do or what, I just sat there and looked at them. I'm still looking and can't believe it! After about 10 minutes of gauking I rescanned over and over and all around but no more. I was psyched now and swung some more and came up with the bullet, any ideas, the spitfire plane and the ring or whatever it is with writing on inside and out. Looks to be gold plated. The rain was starting again and now hard enough to where it was to much for me. I want forget this day thats for sure! If anyone knows anything on the tokens don't hesitate. Thanks for looking and hh. Richard

Attachments

• SDC10296.JPG
    SDC10296.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 580
  • SDC10296.JPG
    SDC10296.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 577
  • SDC10008.JPG
    SDC10008.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 561
  • SDC10015.JPG
    SDC10015.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 501
  • SDC10014.JPG
    SDC10014.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 579
  • SDC10007.JPG
    SDC10007.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 577
Upvote 0

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I can't help with the tokens or the bullet but that ring looks to me to be a copy of the "Ring" from Lord of the Rings. and nice finds there also! HH!

Chuck.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
If you Google "Rinehart & Dennis" you will find a lot of interesting stories about the company. I don't have a copy of the VA token catalog to check the attribution, but it looks like the company was headquartered in Charlottesville, VA and the tokens may have been for use at the company store associated with the Hawk's Nest tunnel on the New River in WV during the Great Depression. The tokens are not listed in the new WV token book.
John in ID

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice tokens & finds !! Got to love those multi-targets holes !!

TommNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions