King George II and 1808 Classic Head Large Cent Found Today!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KKC got out today to an old stand-by site and we nailed 5 total coppers. I got a King George II halfpenny and 1808 Classic Head large cent. The Classic Head large cent's date is clearly legible (see picture below). The picture of the KG II does not do it justice.

We will be reloading a potential great site for next Sunday, which, of course, is pending permission.

KGII_1808 Classic 017.JPG
KGII_1808 Classic 021.JPG

Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Kyle on getting two more coppers and some buttons, hopefully the weather will hold off enough for you guys to hunt till end of the year, maybe. ::)

Don

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Thank you for the replies. I appreciate all of them. :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kyle the Kopper King. Oh, I forgot Chris and Kirk. You three sure reel in a load of coppers annually :o I wish I had the opportunity to scoop up as many as you 3. WTG

HomesteadHunter

Nov 14, 2008
Amherstburg, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
You sure have the knack for pulling those old coppers up, another great hunt. As for being a coin hunter and not a button hunter, I used to feel the same way until I hit my first military site. Finding an early button and researching its origin really adds something to the hobby. Maybe you can learn to enjoy both equally!.

James.
HomesteadHunter.

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
HomesteadHunter said:
You sure have the knack for pulling those old coppers up, another great hunt. As for being a coin hunter and not a button hunter, I used to feel the same way until I hit my first military site. Finding an early button and researching its origin really adds something to the hobby. Maybe you can learn to enjoy both equally!.

James.
HomesteadHunter.

I'll take anything Colonial that passes underneath my coil, even though I'd much rather have a nice copper or Spanish silver every time I get out.

HomesteadHunter

Nov 14, 2008
Amherstburg, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
KylePA said:
HomesteadHunter said:

James.
HomesteadHunter.

I'll take anything Colonial that passes underneath my coil, even though I'd much rather have a nice copper or Spanish silver every time I get out.

I couldn't agree more, anything colonial is worth digging. The spanish silver is still on my wish list, its only a matter of time. As for digging the old coppers, its always nice to see that green disc in the hole.

James.
HomesteadHunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions