First V Nickle! First pocket spill w/ silver! First Dime Trifecta! FIRST SEATED!

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
*panting*
Man I had a GREAT 2 hour hunt today... On the way to my "buffalo" park, I drove past this beautiful, three story house that's being redone. My Grandfather in law farmed the back of it as a boy, and the OLD tracks used to run through the back yard. I saw the plot (without the house) on an 1887 USGS map. I said...the heck with it, I will stop and ask. The owner was outside working on the house when I approached. I asked him, giving him the shpeel about cleaning up after myself and showing him what I find...and he said that's fine, but you'll have to ask my wife...I did and she said YES!

My first coin signal was a penny/dime signal about 5"...I dug and saw that old familiar silver rim, pulled it out and took it to the Lady of the house. She watched me wash it off and was almost as happy to see this as I was...
1927 merc.JPG
1927 merc back.JPG

I showed the husband, and went back to swingin'. About 20 minutes later, I got a funny signal...It was strong! but it said penny...penny/dime...nickle...penny/dime...penny...etc. Kept giving me those three readings...so I pinpointed, and dug a trap door plug. I popped up the plug, and a THIN dime popped out! I grabbed it, but couldn't tell what it was. I looked back at the plug, and there were three more coins! I got those out and knew I had two pennies and a nickle. I scanned the hole again, and found two pennies with silver between them! 7 COINS! The owners watched me as I cleaned them and got to find out what they were right along with me. I could tell they were having fun also!
7 coin pocket spill.JPG
1911, 1913, 1913 "D", 1916 Wheaties
1906 "V" Nickle
1906 V nickle.JPG
1906 V back.JPG
1907 Barber
1907 Barber.JPG
1907 Barber back.JPG
1891 SEATED DIME! My oldest silver to date!
1891 Seated Dime.JPG
1891 seated back.JPG
My first dime trifecta...
trifecta front.JPG
trifecta back.JPG

Thanks for lookin' and I will post pics of the house if the owner says it's ok...can't WAIT to go back!

~Tom

Upvote 0

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratz on accomplishing all of those "Firsts" in one hunt ... great job and wishing you continued good luck!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, the advice from several of the folks posting ahead of me is "money in the bank." If you use coin holders, then put it in one, dress it up nice, and put the date when found and the folks' name on it, where you found it. Already sounds like you are
in......a small gift in appreciation will put you in like Flint..... :laughing7: and, for sure, they will share it with folks they know.
Perhaps they even have a secret that they are wanting......and waiting.......to share with you......another place that is in the family.
You are doing great, young man. Keep swinging, and keep us drooling. :thumbsup:

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Just excellent!!!.....Nice job!!.. :thumbsup: also, very nice job apparently acting like a gentleman to these older folks. It makes all of look good and makes it easier for us to obtain permission when we stop and ask. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome job and congrats on a great turn-of-the century coin spill, they don't happen nearly as often as we would all like.

Keep up the great work!

HH all!
Greg

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on the first seated.

They are hard to come by.

HH Jer

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those firsts and sweet finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread