1800 Draped Bust Dime!!!!!!!! UPDATE ----SLABBED

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hello all,

Just a quick follow up concerning my 1800 Draped Bust Dime..........well, not mine anymore......Although I rarely sell any of my finds my wife and I had been TV shopping and I thought by selling my dime we could kinda get a "free" TV........

So, I put it on E-bay last week and it got A LOT of interest right away and, right or wrong, a guy e-mailed me with a price he was offering if I cancelled the auction early..............so that's what I did.......he is thrilled with the dime and sent it off to be slabbed and when he got it back yesterday he sent me this picture........I am also thrilled with our new 54" flat screen TV and I also bought a bracelet for my wife's birthday on the 28th.....shhhhhh.......lol.

HH all, may everyone dig up a TV today!
Greg

Attachments

• 10c draped bust jr-1 heraldic eagle0001.jpg
    10c draped bust jr-1 heraldic eagle0001.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,070
Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you mind telling us what you got for it?? If it's personal, I understand. Just curious and not trying to put you on the spot. That was a nice dime, the first I have ever seen

OP
OP
1235CE

1235CE

May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
crazyjarhead said:
Do you mind telling us what you got for it?? If it's personal, I understand. Just curious and not trying to put you on the spot. That was a nice dime, the first I have ever seen

No worries......I was hoping for one price, he was offering another and we settled at $2,850.

HH all!

Greg

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1235CE said:
crazyjarhead said:

No worries......I was hoping for one price, he was offering another and we settled at $2,850.

HH all!

Greg

That seems like a nice price. But I don't know what it was worth or if you could have got more for it. Nice early Christmas present. It's amazing what one dime could fetch on todays market. Great job on digging that.Thanks Gregg

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big TV and great pictures of the find and the memories to go with it. I can understand that! :thumbsup:

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
scrounger said:
GREAT SCORE. but why not shine it up a bit.

a little scouring powder.

JUST KIDDING :thumbsup:
yeah ,one of those brillo pads with the soap already in it :icon_thumleft: :o ;D

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Greg. I saw the auction ended at 1685.00. I thought that was a little low. I'm glad you got what you wanted and then some. Todd

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
The score was keeping the wife happy :tongue3: You can dig whenever you want now! Congrats on the TV and what the heck, you got pics to prove that it was once yours. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
1235CE

1235CE

May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
hogge said:
Congrats Greg. I saw the auction ended at 1685.00. I thought that was a little low. I'm glad you got what you wanted and then some. Todd

Thanks Todd, without getting into any details, yes, that was the Buy-It Now price that he asked me to re-list with for Ebay/PayPal purposes.....I was overnighted a check for the difference.

HH all!

Greg

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
the new tv will buy some tecting time with the wife. if it was mine i would of kept it. but thats just me great find . willy

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a beautiful dime. If I was the new owner, I would be pleased too.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That is one awesome coin man

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread