IMG_0411.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Hmmmm... not to be rude but wheats are good coins too. Where I live if I found that many wheats in one hunt I would be bragging to all of my friends. Don't take finds like that for granted. That's good stuff to alot of us. :icon_thumright:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Texasgopher said:
Hmmmm... not to be rude but wheats are good coins too. Where I live if I found that many wheats in one hunt I would be bragging to all of my friends. Don't take finds like that for granted. That's good stuff to alot of us. :icon_thumright:
I would much rather see the coins date rather then the wheatie side a keydate or semi-key date sure would change your mind about those pennys being junk...

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score on the silver n wheats :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty good to me.......Matt

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
That silver pendant looks cool! Is there any marking on the back? It looks like a piece of Stuart Nye jewelry to me. If so, there will be a three-leaved clover with his last name N Y E in the clover.

COOL FINDS!!

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
With that many wheats coming out of the ground there must be some silver around there,to the best of my reckoning the ratio is around 10 wheats/1 silver coin so keep working that area and the silver will start showing up,HH...Shoot

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. Wheats can lead to silver finds too. ::) Wheats ended in 1959 and silver in 64 so there should be some silver around. Keep pounding that place and silver will fall out of the ground :laughing7:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Send those wheats my way.. I love finding them cause there are surely some silvers awaiting.... :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't get me wrong wheat's are good, they tell me that I'm in a good area and they sure are better than finding zinc. I am surprised that I haven't found a silver coin at this site yet I have only been there twice so maybe there is some there. It is an old funeral home built in about 1917but the oldest wheat I have found is 1920. I like wheat's and they are fun to find but I'm at my happiest when I'm finding Barbers. The back of the pendant only says sterling but I will look closer for any other marks, thanks for the tip. Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread