Got another Silver dime Grand Slam... and a pic of me and the Yeti.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mrs Yeti snapped this pic of the Yeti and I for your viewing pleasure... :laughing7: about 30 minutes before our hunt yesterday.

The Yeti and I decided to go back to a park I did well at last time and hunt the very spot that everyone else seemed to have given up on.

It is a nice big strip by a bunch of old buildings but there is iron and junk everywhere because my SE is pretty much in a constant null. :icon_scratch: Not good??...maybe not...but my SE was able to pull a seated dime...roosey...merc...and barber through the silence for me :icon_thumleft:....and I know this place is pounded on a weekly basis. :wink:

I see people every time I come here...but nobody wants to fight "nullsville". Guess what?...that's exactly where I want to head...where everyone else has gotten frustrated at and given up on. 8)

This is MY kind of place!I leave the SE at IM-22 and semi auto sensitivity 26...cause that's the sweet spot of settings that I feel enables me to pick some sweeties out of the iron nulls....and goes plenty deeeep :icon_thumleft:

The Yeti and I got started on a rare full day of hunt time...and it was nearly an hour before I even bent over to dig my first target.

It was worth the wait though...because out of the nulls came a thin worn out silver disk. :icon_thumleft: I won't bore you with the details of the sound...cursor movement...and pinpoint ID help...but let's just say it was a strange signal to say the least. I was honestly expecting an injun' from the sound...but I'll take silver. ;D

With the help of the laser beam launching glasses that give the Yeti his punk rock Devo look :laughing9:....I was able to make out the outline of a worn out old seated lady. SWEET...first silver coin is my second seated dime in 2 weeks and it came from 10" down. :headbang:

Pressure was now off...and the rest of the hunt was just for fun.

It was nearly 2 hours later until I got my second weirdo hit in nullsville...which turned out to be a Roosey from about 7" in a bunch of water soaked gravel.

By now the drizzle had picked up and the holes I was digging in this mucky gravel...were filling up with water as quick as I could scoop some of the gravel out of the way.

I got a very strange hit which sounded like a bunch of mumbo jumbo...but every now and then I would swear I could hear a nice "warbly" higher tone mixed in there. :wink:

I called over the Yeti and told him what I thought. He agreed...about 1 of every 4 passes with the coil brought a sweet sound up through the mumbo jumbo of sounds. :hello2:
Now keep in mind that what I was hearing was coming through a dead null.

I decided to give it a shot and dug down in the wet gray gravel muck.
The Yeti and I were both amazed when a sweet merc came out of the swampy pile next to the hole. :o
It probably wasn't more than 7" deep...but I bet it had been walked over 100 times before because of the iron and junk everywhere....and the fact that the machine nulled everywhere. :wink:

In the back of my mind I knew all I needed for the slam was a Barber dime...but I tried not to think about it. If I dwell on it too much...I let it get to me and it throws me off my game. 8)

I went to a spot that I had already walked over earlier...but I hit it from the exact opposite angle this time hoping to pop out another keeper.

Before long I was able to squeeze another signal out of the nulls and was amazed at how I had missed it the first time. ::)
It did not sound like silver...but I knew it was a coin mixed in with the trash.

Dug down about 9" and was shocked when a silver coin popped out. :headbang: Picked it up and was thrilled to see a barber dime. I couldn't make out the date, but the Yeti quickly put the x-ray goggles on and confirmed it was a 1901. :blob1:

This is a first for me...getting 2 dime grand slams in one year...and I'm glad the Yeti was there. :icon_thumleft:

How did my Himalayan friend do?...well lets just say he stumbled onto a tribe of Injuns'. :occasion14:

He found a strip along the back of the building that was loaded with trash but also loaded with missed injuns at pretty nice depths. :icon_thumleft:

He started out with a 2 injun pocket spill...but before it was done...had found 6 of them all in a nice little compact area. He just kept diggin' and smilin'. ;D

Everytime I heard a rumble or bellow...I glanced over my shoulder and he was holdin' another one up and smilin'. :laughing7:

I thought about helping him hunt his spot like he usually does me :laughing9:...but then decided to let him have sole control over the injun strip.

I'll have the pics up of his injuns' as soon as he emails them to me.

The best part of the day though wasn't the finds we each made. It was the fact that another thing happened to the Yeti that made me nearly load my shorts. :laughing9:

He always seems to do something...or something happens to him that makes me bust out laughing. ;D

Today was no different. We were hunting about 10 feet apart under a big tree when I heard this loud, dead "thud' :blob8: ...and it was followed by "Owwww...son of a bi$@. ;D

I glanced over just in time to see a big hickory nut the size of a golf ball...bounce off the left side of his melon. ;D :blob10:
I absolutely busted out laughing because it seriously stunned him :happy2: ...and I saw him wobble. ;D He began rubbing his head in pain...cussing about the knot he could already feel under his hair. ;D

It happened just like something you see on the old three stooges show. He just stood there in pain...and all I could do was laugh ;D ...and laugh hard. :laughing9:
The stunned, goofy look on his face was unforgettable. :D

After regaining his composure...he picked up the hickory nut...held it up...and said..."Look at the size of this blank blank thing. It's a wonder it didn't knock me out". :D ;D

Hunting with a friend...GREAT. :D The finds we made...AWESOME. :icon_thumleft: To see a Hickory nut the size of a FREAKIN' GOLF BALL fall out of a tree and bounce off the top of Yeti's mug...PRICELESS. :headbang: :laughing9: ;D

Again I'll say it....what a wonderful hobby

Attachments

• meandyeti.jpg
    meandyeti.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,302
  • coins259.jpg
    coins259.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • coins260.jpg
    coins260.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,296
  • coins261.jpg
    coins261.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,287
  • coins262.jpg
    coins262.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,291
  • yetisinjuns.jpg
    yetisinjuns.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Super hunt Bryce. Congrats on the slam. Sorry I missed your last post, farming has been really busy this year with all the rain. Hope we can get together before it gets cold. Keep pulling those seated dimes.
JDD

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW man! That is so cool to find four different types of silver dimes! Something I've never done! CONGRAT'S!!!

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Man I have read scores of your posts and this one totally cracked me up I could just see that nut hitting him in the head so clearly Im talking tears in my eyes and 'the seahag' asking me whats so funny.I, like you really enjoy the challenge of digging things out of the serious trash. I hunt this really old fairground over here and you can go out on the midway and dig coins and things as fast as you can swing the coil,its never been hunted by anyone in a hundred years besides me. I prefer to save that area for my kids and I go over by the grandstand that is simply buried in 100 years of pulltabs,bottlecaps not to mention the whole thing burned to the ground 50 years ago but pulling just 2 or 3 coins out of there really makes me feel like ive done something. I moved down here recently and I miss some of my old spots but can always find new ones what I really miss the most is my hunting buddy good ones are very few and far between and Im not likely to find another down here,noone has replied in the states section in a month now and I really dont think anyone else hunts in this whole county,so try and hunt with yours as much as you can while you still have him...Shoot

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job buddy!!!! You should really think about making some videos!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ya should follow the yeti! not the smartest creatures but very old so he might be able to lead you to a older place that he observed years ago when he was just silently peering out from the wood line. ;D ;D willy

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off sweet finds sliverfreak!! Secondly I am reading this at 745am and with a tear in my eye from laughing so hard it is a great way to start my day! Sorry yeti but you gotta admit if it had bounced off Silver's head you'd be laughing too!! :icon_biggrin: :laughing11: :laughing9: :laughing7:

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Wow what a day! That for sure is a grandslam! Thanks for sharing and keep on perservering with you hunting. HH.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike from MI said:
Dude! WTG my friend! I think you need to crop that pic and make it your new avitar!
Thanks Mike. I thought about it bro...and still might do it. :icon_thumleft:

RGINN said:
(My primary reaction is censored. Maria said 'what's wrong with you?' I said 'I could have went out today, but nooooo, you had a dentist appointment) Great finds, dude. Maria has to work tomorrow, so I'm gone to Independence Pass or Clear Creek. You should probably change your handle to silver finder.
Thanks buddy. I hope you find some good stuff :icon_thumleft:

Texasgopher said:
Narthoniel said:
Wow, when you said a thin worn out disc of silver you were not kidding. That seated is THIN. I am sure you know, but just to be sure it is 1859 or older since the obverse has USA on it. Very nice dime indeed!
Anthony

Reverse. The Obverse is the "Heads" side and the Reverse is the "Tails" side. Your seated has the United States Of America on the reverse.
Thanks for letting me know :icon_thumleft:

daytondigger said:
Awesome hunt, congrats!!
Thanks D.D.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Deere Digger said:
Super hunt Bryce. Congrats on the slam. Sorry I missed your last post, farming has been really busy this year with all the rain. Hope we can get together before it gets cold. Keep pulling those seated dimes.
JDD
Thanks JDD. I plan on trying to meet you and G-Money before the nasty weather hits us.

gold nuggets said:
Congrats to you and the Yeti, Bryce, on a great hunt
and the dime grand slam (again). I'm supprised that the
hickory nut didn't drop Yeti to his knees. They hit hard.
Thanks for sharing the hunt and the pics. It's good to
be able to put a face with the story. Gold Nuggets :hello:
Thanks G.N. A lesser person would have been dropped...but the Yeti was merely stunned ;D

Mach 1 Pilot said:
Congrats on another dime slam Bryce! :icon_thumright:
Thanks Mach1

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Bryce, you and the Yeti are hilarious. :laughing9: I look forward to your "three stooges - one stooge = two stooges" performances. :laughing9:

Congrats on the slam! :notworthy:

Kyle

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
The silver keeps coming for you guys. Another fine hunt. By the looks of that pic, it appears as though the silver might just be scared of you guys and they jump from the ground. :tongue3: Nice job Bryce. Congrats on the killer finds. jgas

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used
MXT ,Tesoro Compadre ,Tesoro Tiger Shark, DFX
Another great post on " hunted out parks " .Thanks.

Be hitting my 1880's " hunted out park " soon.

Hopefully , I will have the patience you and Mr. Yeti have. :thumbsup: :notworthy:

Glad to meet you Mr. Yeti. :thumbsup: Say "hello" to the Misses.

Danny

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

You get some nice seated coins man. You get some great depths on the coins you come up with also.

HH Jer

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never cease to amaze me with your finds. Big time Congrats! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread