nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought I would share the Hunt that me and HillBilly did today for a few hours.
I finally got away from work and arrived at my home and HillBilly was already finding a couple nice relics. He dug the padlock that we figure was mid to late 1800's, plus he found a seat that looks to be from a very old bike. After a few more minutes of searching the back yard, we decided to hit a farm that We have permission to hunt that has several old homesites and signs of other action in the area.
We started off on one part of the farm that we thought might be a newer Site from the glass and iron We were finding and than HB proved it with a Wheatie he pulled up. We kept moving along searching for different sites and than another iron patch beeped in, so after a few minutes I pulled up this piece of lead that looks like it was made into a button, it wasn't much longer and HB had pulled up a 1906 IH penny, that looks like a plow may have caught yrs earlier. We decided to split up alittle and search a couple different areas before we called it quits and work are way back to the truck and It wasn't no time, I found pieces of a Harmonica reed and found a 69 cal round ball, which was My best find of the day. I started my way out to the end of the farm and met up with HB and he shows me a 1924 Dog tax tag that he found and several Pieces of worked Flint that just gives a good idea that if the Native Americans camped there than others will probably follow there lead. Well we was pretty much done, but we kept swinging as we walked toward the truck and found yet another Iron patch that didn't have much sign above ground, but when you have HB swinging, it won't take long to make a find. He pops out the first flat button of the day and than a few feet away he brings out another one but alittle bigger. I think he ended up with 3 buttons for the Day.

Sorry, I wrote so much, but I Love History and I Love to Share the excitement.
Nova Treasure

Attachments

• Oct 22 finds 001.jpg
    Oct 22 finds 001.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 639
  • Oct 22 finds 003.jpg
    Oct 22 finds 003.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 643
  • Oct 22 finds 002.jpg
    Oct 22 finds 002.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 643
  • Oct 22 finds 004.jpg
    Oct 22 finds 004.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 633
Upvote 0

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Please write more Nova, these are the little stories I love. That's half of it all for me, being at an old place like your spot and just about forgetting what century you're in as you settle your mind to what might have been there once. Thoroughly enjoyable story!

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
johnnyi said:
Please write more Nova, these are the little stories I love. That's half of it all for me, being at an old place like your spot and just about forgetting what century you're in as you settle your mind to what might have been there once. Thoroughly enjoyable story!

Thanks Johnny and I agree, taking in the sites is like a time capsule.

Nova Treasure

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nova,

It's great that you two got a chance to hunt together today. I am glad that you got a nice .69 cal. bullet there. After seeing that minie come up last hunt with you and HB, I will say that the .69 cal stuff wasn't hunting ammo. :wink: You guys are getting close to something, and I hope you find that picket post out there.

I really enjoy reading your posts, Nova. Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Nice Going Guys. We found an old Lock that is similar to that. It has a crown on the keyhole cover. I love hunting those old places. HH Bob

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dfx willy said:
awesome hunt!!! there is no 1906 wheatie. start ed in 1909. willy

LMBO, your right the IH is the 1906 and I stand corrected. Sorry for the typo.

Nova Treasure

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Nova, all I can say is I had a great hunt. Wish that we would have had more time but that's what happens when you work all day. The lock from your house was a cool find for me. That's #5 in my lock collection.
Shame the IH had been smacked cause it would clean up nice with great detail.
Congrats with the 69, I think BBoy is right we are gonna find that post eventually.
Off to work now so hopefully we will get some more time to go back soon.

Happy Hunting everyone.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bill Hilly said:
Well Nova, all I can say is I had a great hunt. Wish that we would have had more time but that's what happens when you work all day. The lock from your house was a cool find for me. That's #5 in my lock collection.
Shame the IH had been smacked cause it would clean up nice with great detail.
Congrats with the 69, I think BBoy is right we are gonna find that post eventually.
Off to work now so hopefully we will get some more time to go back soon.

Happy Hunting everyone.

It was a fun hunt and Glad We were able to get out and detect , I wish We would had more time to hunt because I know there is more to be found and hopefully we will get more into the older sites. I just enjoy seeing relics come unearthed and being given the respect they deserve to show the way of Life of our Local history.

Nova Treasure

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Like that old tag/fob

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions