Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

BuckleDad came to visit and of course we spent some quality time together with detectors on our arms. :icon_sunny:

I just wanted to post some photos of the places we went and what we found...

The first photos are of a great site from yesterday--A 1700s double log cabin tucked away near a creek:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Today we decided to re-hunt some old (and good) spots of mine. BuckleDad is a dig-it-all kind of guy, and he makes some great finds. Today was no different. In clearing some of the iron out of a site that has given me a nice lock plate and some other good iron finds, BuckleDad managed to dig a very nice item. I believe it is a toy lathing hatchet, perhaps from a child's carpentry set. I was thrilled to see this one come up--and thrilled to see the look on Dad's face. :)

5.jpg

6.jpg

We also dug a good many buttons, some musketballs and other lead, and a few other doodads. Here are some photos of the finds:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now a Son and Dad hunt, that is always special Will. I have been fortunate enough to have one of my sons share my passion and he may even have more than I do and we have been hunting together since the early to mid 80s! Only twice did both son's and I get out together and with his beginners luck, I think he got spoiled on his only two hunts, but his interests went other directions from my oldest son and I .

Great hobby, sharing history together............... :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Don

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice pics and cool finds, sound like a great time.

TommNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread