Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

BuckleDad came to visit and of course we spent some quality time together with detectors on our arms. :icon_sunny:

I just wanted to post some photos of the places we went and what we found...

The first photos are of a great site from yesterday--A 1700s double log cabin tucked away near a creek:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Today we decided to re-hunt some old (and good) spots of mine. BuckleDad is a dig-it-all kind of guy, and he makes some great finds. Today was no different. In clearing some of the iron out of a site that has given me a nice lock plate and some other good iron finds, BuckleDad managed to dig a very nice item. I believe it is a toy lathing hatchet, perhaps from a child's carpentry set. I was thrilled to see this one come up--and thrilled to see the look on Dad's face. :)

5.jpg

6.jpg

We also dug a good many buttons, some musketballs and other lead, and a few other doodads. Here are some photos of the finds:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Upvote 0

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesone Buckleboy! Both that you had a time together which you'll always remember; the finds, and that extremely cool cabin which I would want to buy had you two not already cleaned it out! :D What will become of the cabin? Are there many inKentucky like that?

Looks like a great outing. Your Dad seems like he's the relic hunter type. Lots of oldies in that pile. I like the buttons and decorative pieces. Nice hunt!
Dave.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I wish we had 1700's anything in my neck of the woods,thats awesome!!!I am fortunate to have my Dad as a hunting partner as well,he spends part time in Montana and I sure miss him when he isnt along side me!My grandmother used to have a hatchet like that when we were kids that she used for cutting kindling for her wood stove in the kitchen and used to to kill a few chickens too,I think it is still around here somewhere? :hello2:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some cool finds there Buckleboy... :hello2:

Sorry, but I really like the log house the best! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
Awesone Buckleboy! Both that you had a time together which you'll always remember; the finds, and that extremely cool cabin which I would want to buy had you two not already cleaned it out! :D Seriously, what will become of the cabin? Are there many inKentucky like that?

Not too many left like that anymore. I had never seen a double cabin in this state before now. I have only seen single cabin structures.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Man I wish we had 1700's anything in my neck of the woods,thats awesome!!!I am fortunate to have my Dad as a hunting partner as well,he spends part time in Montana and I sure miss him when he isnt along side me!My grandmother used to have a hatchet like that when we were kids that she used for cutting kindling for her wood stove in the kitchen and used to to kill a few chickens too,I think it is still around here somewhere? :hello2:

She cut kindling and killed chickens with a three-inch long hatchet?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoops,guess I jumped the gun on that one!I didnt realize it was that small,guess the hand should have been a clue!!Sorry :tongue3:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a day you won't forget. I bet hunting with your father is reward enough, so even if you didn't find anything, the day was well spent.

Was that 1700s cabin in your neck of the woods?

Good luck on your future field hunts.

Kirk

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A PRICELESS hunt BB!! I believe Buckledad had a good time and you fellas made some nice finds. The old house still looks good. How many houses built today will be standing in 200 years? Regards, Quindy.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those were built sturdy! Neat site and finds, great memories!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
They just don't build 'em like that anymore...cool cabin site, and great finds!
Baggins

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a couple old cabins like that. The area in the back you are showing is what they called the dog trot. I never could understand why they built them like that sometimes the trot would go all the way through the cabin.
Anyways glad you and your Dad got out and dug lots of treasure.
Nice days.
HH
TnMtns

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
It doesn't get much better than that. A Beautiful Day, Hunting with your Dad, A Great Old Site and some cool finds ! HH Bob

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and pics :icon_thumright: Nice finds :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: I really like the axe/hatchet :sunny:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
BB it's great to see you getting to spend some quality time with Dad. There could be no better hunting partner. I'm sorry I haven't been able to get out with you both, I would really like to meet him. I haven't been able to get out in some time until last evening with Nova Treasure.

Keep diggin the iron, cause you never know when your gonna find a chicken head cutter offer lol.
Hope to see you soon :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread