I had a day metal detecting that you dream about!!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone.......

It has been raining here in Oregon for the past week or so but today it cleared off and
the sun came out, so I went detecting. I drove to a new site and parked the truck. My
third target was a 1946-s Roosevelt dime. The next several targets were wheat pennies
and then a 1961-d Washington quarter. This start had the makings of a good day of hunting
so I was excited. I searched for quite a while only finding clad coins when I got this lower
tone signal on my SE that I didn't recognise. I decided to investigate it and boy am I glad
I did.......it was a 5 gram 14 k gold band. Oh Boy... happy dance time!! Then another hunting buddie of mine called and asked if I wanted to help him check out a new site. We met at the site and started hunting the grassy fields that were dotted with very large oak trees. I managed to find two silver rings, a 1959-d Rosie dime and an 1893-s Barber dime at this site. Wayne found some
neat stuff too so will let him post them. We decided to quit and head home when I got a call from two other hunting buddies and stopped to hunt with them for an hour or so. I managed to snag a 1963-d Rosie dime before we called it quits for the day. This has been the single best day of hunting for me since I started detecting. Thanks for looking and HH to all. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Attachments

• PA220036.JPG
    PA220036.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 1,999
  • PA220037.JPG
    PA220037.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,995
  • PA220038.JPG
    PA220038.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,005
  • PA220039.JPG
    PA220039.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,996
  • PA220040.JPG
    PA220040.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,974
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure had a nice day. Hope there is more like it just waiting for you....Matt

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW ~ YOU DID GREAT TODAY! Such awesome finds! WOOHOO!!! Several silver coins ~ silver rings ~ GOLD ring ~ WOW!!!! YOU ARE THE TREASURE KING!!! CONGRAT'S!

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Dude!! Fantastic day! Im glad I could be a part of it. I was with goldnuggetts on his second stop, and heres what I found. (sorry to hijack, not enough for my own post). 46 wheat, 57 rosie and a .925 ring.

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,932

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunting guys!!!! :icon_pirat:

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
WOW Great finds you keep going like this and I wont be able to lap ya ;D congrats

Jimmy D

Jul 10, 2007
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro, Minelab X-Terra 70
Now that is a good day-Silver & Gold...............Good job, sounds like a good spot keep hunting---- :notworthy:

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, WTG, Great hunting, that Barber looks nice and shiny! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Springfield, Oregon gold nugget kind of guy, awesome hunt....I am a misplaced Oregonion. Born and raised in the dry part of the State, near LaGrande. Now living and hunting in S. Korea.....finding a few things older then when hunting in Oregon, but not enjoying it any more.....always liked to hunt my home state.
Nice bunch of silver......what's the value on the '93S Barber, if I may ask? Nice looking coin....always am partial to Barbers. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gold nuggets

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hikeinmts said:
Hey Springfield, Oregon gold nugget kind of guy, awesome hunt....I am a misplaced Oregonion. Born and raised in the dry part of the State, near LaGrande. Now living and hunting in S. Korea.....finding a few things older then when hunting in Oregon, but not enjoying it any more.....always liked to hunt my home state.
Nice bunch of silver......what's the value on the '93S Barber, if I may ask? Nice looking coin....always am partial to Barbers. :thumbsup:
I don't have the latest red book and I'm not real good at grading coins but, my best guess would be between $14 and $25. Like anything else that's for sale....the value depends on how badly the buyer wants the item. Thanks for your interest and look forward to seeing some of your posts from S. Korea. GN

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Man, Richard, what a day you had!! :hello2:

Seven silvers plus a nice sized chunk of gold would make a pretty decent month of finds if you ask me. Love the Barber the best. Man, what a cool looking coin.

Get back out while your luck is still running good, and stop by for a PowerBall ticket along the way.

MP

OP
OP
gold nuggets

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks MP for the comment and reply.
Look forward to the day when we can
get together for another hunt like earlier
this year. Take care my friend. Gold Nuggets :hello:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Yep, I do dream about days like that! Glad you had one!!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That's a great day man. 5 Silvers and 3 gold. Don't get much better than that.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread