Please have a SEAT....I did!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with D-Dub yesterday during the on and off drizzle to an old 1800's homestead near the North Branch.

The hunting was frustrating, even though I got my probe back, and got my broken Ground Shark replaced with the Sampson T-Handle (which is awesome)...Thanks to the wonderful co-owner Ingrid at W.W. Manufacturing Co. It was frustrating, because my jack to my headphones got "Jacked up" and I had to hunt without my headphones, which made the tones sound completely different through the regular speaker from the machine. Whenever I got a signal, I had to put my ear next to the speaker to hear what it sounds like....Yeah, I looked real goofy doing that. Dan wanted to film it and say this is L4S's new technique...... :laughing7:

The area we covered was fairly clean of trash, but the road noise made it difficult for me to hear signals...so we are definately going back there once I sodder on a new Jack. :icon_pirat:

After digging up about 25 wheaties, 2 Mercs and 2 IH's things seemed to slow down. Towards the end of the hunt, when it was about time to leave so I have enough time to get cleaned up and go to work, I thought I heard a little peep next to a fallen down log. I kicked the log away, stuck my ear to the speaker, and heard a faint repeatable signal. I moved my ear away from the speaker to take a look at the numbers...12-41. I'm figuring, Great! another freackin' wheatie. Well I dig my plug, scan the plug and nothing....The plug was about 6 inches deep. I run my Garret pin pointer in the hole, and I get a faint beep, beep, beep, meaning the target is at least two inches away. I gently dug around in the hole, and as I was pulling out my Lesche out of the plug, I saw something shiny sticking to a clump of dirt on the Lesche. I thought maybe Barber dime, since a lot of the wheaties were early dates, and I've dug a few B dimes that rang up 12-41 before. I take a closer look at it, and I see the Seated lady. I let out a yelp, but I don't think D-Dub heard it due to the road noise.

No, I didn't scratch it, it is pretty beat up though. Looks like someone had it in a vice and tried bending it. It has either plier or vice grip marks on it and it is slightly bent, but I don't care. I found it and it is mine! :laughing7: :laughing7: It is my oldest silver coin dating 1876.

IH's are an 1890 & 1894 with full Liberty. Pics don't do them justice.
Merc's are 1941 & 1943-D

Enjoy and HH!

Attachments

• coins 002.jpg
    coins 002.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 790
  • coins 003.jpg
    coins 003.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 795
  • coins 004.jpg
    coins 004.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 784
  • coins 005.jpg
    coins 005.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 794
  • coins 006.jpg
    coins 006.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 789
  • coins 002.jpg
    coins 002.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 795
  • coins 003.jpg
    coins 003.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 804
  • coins 004.jpg
    coins 004.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 806
  • coins 005.jpg
    coins 005.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 806
  • coins 006.jpg
    coins 006.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 793
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job buddy!!! :icon_pirat:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are some nice finds. Seated coins are so hard to come by.

HH Jer

Lazy J

Greenie
Oct 2, 2009
Washington the state
Detector(s) used
Whites V3
No matter how bad a coins is damaged, corroded, bent, clipped, scratched or holed I never put them back in the ground. It doesn't help them. Now if that salmon is too small throw it back, they do get better. Great finds. I found a 1919 half the other day. I can barely tell it's a half and am not sure of the date. I can read 191 and what looks like part of a 4 no 1914 for that coin so my choices are limited.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Nice one. Still living up to your name I see.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. 1876 is a Centennial year coin ...!!!!!!
SKD

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great group of finds, love seeing Seated regardless of condition. Congrats! :icon_thumright:

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Wow,nice score of oldies there!! Ain't ya glad you kept your lookn4seated user name now? :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio Jerry said:
Wow,nice score of oldies there!! Ain't ya glad you kept your lookn4seated user name now? :icon_thumleft:

Most definately. This is my third one for the year. Who knows if I would've found the other two if I changed my handle. :laughing7:

Rickiowa2009

Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!
Great finds

Lookn4seated said:
Went out with D-Dub yesterday during the on and off drizzle to an old 1800's homestead near the North Branch.

The hunting was frustrating, even though I got my probe back, and got my broken Ground Shark replaced with the Sampson T-Handle (which is awesome)...Thanks to the wonderful co-owner Ingrid at W.W. Manufacturing Co. It was frustrating, because my jack to my headphones got "Jacked up" and I had to hunt without my headphones, which made the tones sound completely different through the regular speaker from the machine. Whenever I got a signal, I had to put my ear next to the speaker to hear what it sounds like....Yeah, I looked real goofy doing that. Dan wanted to film it and say this is L4S's new technique...... :laughing7:

The area we covered was fairly clean of trash, but the road noise made it difficult for me to hear signals...so we are definately going back there once I sodder on a new Jack. :icon_pirat:

After digging up about 25 wheaties, 2 Mercs and 2 IH's things seemed to slow down. Towards the end of the hunt, when it was about time to leave so I have enough time to get cleaned up and go to work, I thought I heard a little peep next to a fallen down log. I kicked the log away, stuck my ear to the speaker, and heard a faint repeatable signal. I moved my ear away from the speaker to take a look at the numbers...12-41. I'm figuring, Great! another freackin' wheatie. Well I dig my plug, scan the plug and nothing....The plug was about 6 inches deep. I run my Garret pin pointer in the hole, and I get a faint beep, beep, beep, meaning the target is at least two inches away. I gently dug around in the hole, and as I was pulling out my Lesche out of the plug, I saw something shiny sticking to a clump of dirt on the Lesche. I thought maybe Barber dime, since a lot of the wheaties were early dates, and I've dug a few B dimes that rang up 12-41 before. I take a closer look at it, and I see the Seated lady. I let out a yelp, but I don't think D-Dub heard it due to the road noise.

No, I didn't scratch it, it is pretty beat up though. Looks like someone had it in a vice and tried bending it. It has either plier or vice grip marks on it and it is slightly bent, but I don't care. I found it and it is mine! :laughing7: :laughing7: It is my oldest silver coin dating 1876.

IH's are an 1890 & 1894 with full Liberty. Pics don't do them justice.
Merc's are 1941 & 1943-D

Enjoy and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions