Time to Find a New Site

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Well, I got back on the early home site that BuckleBoy and I have been working, and I think it's just about cleaned out. :'( The only good thing about today was I got to get out and hunt. I've included some pics of today's hunt, and a couple of pics of all of my finds from this site. In total, I dug 14 buttons, and BuckleBoy dug 23 I believe. Of my 14, there were 2 tombacs, 2 pewter, and 1 ball button. Would love to find a coin on this site. I know it would be a good one. The trade bead that I found by accident was the best find from this site.

Attachments

• Base Camp.JPG
    Base Camp.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 442
  • Good Day for Diggin\'.JPG
    Good Day for Diggin\'.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 439
  • Today\'s Finds.JPG
    Today\'s Finds.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 435
  • Total from Site with text.JPG
    Total from Site with text.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like you done pretty good at the old homesite. I always Like finding buttons and when you dig the various pieces of iron, it sure does turn a field or wooded area into a Great history lesson.

Thanks for Sharing, Nova Treasure

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
does the trade bead look like a washer? if so ive found some and always thought they were washers. willy

OP
OP
coinmaster2db

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
dfx willy said:
does the trade bead look like a washer? if so ive found some and always thought they were washers. willy
Hey Willy, The trade bead is a small glass or amber bead with a hole in it. As someone said the other day, It looks like a Cheerio. Here's a link to the original post with close up pics.
Happy Hunting!

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,277888.0.html

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds man.

Run the eeprom high pro program with the sence and ac at max. I bet there is a large cent or 2 out there. I use a large coil on the dfx. For that type of hunting it is unmatched. It goes really deep and covers some ground quick.

HH Jer

OP
OP
coinmaster2db

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
CapeMayDiamondDawg said:
... nice finds...should be some copper at that site .
JerDfx said:
I bet there is a large cent or 2 out there.
I agree, but haven't been able to find it yet. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm still struggling a bit with my DFX. It's smarter than I am I suppose. :icon_scratch: I have a couple of books, and I've been checking out the DFXonly website. :read2: I'm starting to figure it out. It's a big jump to go from an old Coinmaster to a DFX. Sure, I had a 5000 GEB that I bought at an auction for a while, but I didn't think it was working correctly and I sold it. Now that I have the DFX, I'm starting to realize that there wasn't anything wrong with the 5000. I need to find someone close to me with a DFX and go diggin' with them a few times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread