Large Cent at New Site

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KKC (KirkKyleChris) got out today to a new site and I found this Coronet cent and relics. We will be hitting a new site next Saturday that Chris and I got permission for yesterday; we are not allowed to hunt it on Sundays.

5_Coppers_KKC 002.JPG

5_Coppers_KKC 005.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Thank you for all of the replies!

We are looking forward to seeing what this Fall window has in store for us. We'll be getting out twice next weekend, so I hope I'll be posting a few coppers both days. We'll see what happens when those days arrive.

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
KylePA said:
muleskinner said:
Great find Kyle! Just one thing, I gotta know, how many old coppas' have you found?

I have 22 coppers this year and my group has 67. We only hunt once a week, so we are really satisfied with our results this year. Our goal of 100 coppers for the 2009 season is still attainable, as long as we get permission and find a few very promising sites that I have high on the list.

another good copper for the cause , congrats Kyle .
your group is on a record pace and i'm rootin for ya guys .

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep researching and we will keep finding. KKC's new motto: Research = Find! :laughing9: Those greenies will be gracing our presence this weekend. A must! :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Kyle. You 3 colonial fellers' find more old coppers than any other tandem I know :icon_thumleft: I have just one large cent to my credit in my lifetime...but I'm proud of the one I did find ;D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a simple question, the sites you guys are hunting, were these areas of commerce? Or were they areas of great bloodshed? I know any kind of money was hard to come by in the 1920's, had to be even harder to come by in the 17 to 1800's. Now, I don't know how close to each other these coppa's were found, but come on, the people who lost them had to have looked long and hard for them, unless of course they were inebriated :laughing7:.........NGE By the way, nice looking coppa's!

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
nowgittineverything said:
Just a simple question, the sites you guys are hunting, were these areas of commerce? Or were they areas of great bloodshed? I know any kind of money was hard to come by in the 1920's, had to be even harder to come by in the 17 to 1800's. Now, I don't know how close to each other these coppa's were found, but come on, the people who lost them had to have looked long and hard for them, unless of course they were inebriated :laughing7:.........NGE By the way, nice looking coppa's!

Ever since the first coin was minted around 600 BC, man somehow found a way to lose them. :laughing9: There is no difference, except for the types of coins that were circulated, between coin droppers of ancient Rome or Colonial America; they all lost coins and in large amounts. :wink: Of course, they may have searched long and hard for the coins that they knew just slipped out of their hands, but what about the coins that dropped to the dirt without their knowledge? Coins unknowingly slipped out of coin pouches back in early America just like they slip out of modern pockets today.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the LC. Now that I have tried a couple of fields in search of the elusive corroded disks, I can see it sometimes takes a lot of ground to cover before you find anything good. Sometimes nothin' at all turns up, but junk. And then sometimes, a good spot.

How often have you hunted a field, only to come up empty? Just wondering.

Because I am finding out from experience, that it is hard to predict where in a field the good spots are going to be. Sometimes where you expect to be good, isn't.

HH,
Rusted

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Kyle,y'all are doing great this year. :thumbsup: I noticed that y'all mostly hunt farm Fields. If so you should see about finding site's in the woods.Fertilizer really tear's up a good copper coin were as ones found in wooded area's are usually in much better condition......If y'all werent so far away I could join y'all and we could up that number to 200. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread