No Elk but got some coins

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Up at 0430, then hiked all morning and only saw 2 moose so Tim, George and I decided to go detecting. First good hit was this no date buff. Then I hit this patch with all of the wheat's and the 2 dimes and this little peace of jewelry. Nothing worth filming for the new EMD 4 DVD but I will take them none the less.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 705
Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver and other goodies are fun to find. :thumbsup:
They don't taste as good as Elk, but they are fun to find. LOL
Hope you get some Elk for the winter. Gold Nuggets :hello:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No ELK!Should have went wolf hunting.....thats why you dont have any elk left!! :wink:

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies, They already closed the wolf quota and allot of people are mad about it. I really don't hunt for anything I cant eat. Not to say I wouldn't have taken a wolf just to say Ive done it. Nothing tastes better than an elk steak on the grill.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
Thanks for the replies, They already closed the wolf quota and allot of people are mad about it. I really don't hunt for anything I cant eat. Not to say I wouldn't have taken a wolf just to say Ive done it. Nothing tastes better than an elk steak on the grill.
Yea,I hear ya,the wolves and the Forest Circus put me out of the Outfitting bussiness in the Madisons.It wasnt so very long ago,I could bugle into the canyon at first light and have eight or nine different bulls answer!Not that way anymore!I imagine that will be our last chance to control the wolves and save our elk.Have you been through Yellowstone lately???Pretty sad huh? :'(

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Elk, you should have had that taken care of 2 months ago. Of course waiting until now gives you more good weather to MD. But I still like the archery season best.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bula said:
Elk, you should have had that taken care of 2 months ago. Of course waiting until now gives you more good weather to MD. But I still like the archery season best.
AMEN!!! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions