1850s Home Site Produces Some Keepers. Button ID Help. Any Button Experts?

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1850's Home Site Produces Some Keepers. Button ID Help. Any Button Experts?

Hello everyone.
Had another good hunt today with Terry Everly who is also a member of Buckeytreasurehunters.com. He had the best finds of the hunt and mine? Not too shabby I guess. It was nearly 60 today in Ohio and we headed back to the old Cranston homesite that has been gone for many years. It was soybeans this year so the hunting was fairly easy. You can tell by the picture where the house stood upon the ridge about a mile off of the road. What a quiet place today and I'm sure back then as well. Love this old site because of that. A spring-fed creek runs through the property, ideal for the raising of cattle and horses as there once was. The Barn sat across the creek. We have not hunted that part yet.

We pounded the place pretty hard today, unlike previous hunts where I didn't think I was going to find anything and ran through in a hurry not finding anything but glass and brick. We were able to figure out where the front yard was and how the house must have been facing. This helped reel in some keepers to include and old button. I tried cleaning it but I can't make out the maker. I think I see Harvard?? Something ??? vard for sure so I figuered Harvard and something else. The button is flat and about the size of a penny. Also found a 1886 IH, 1919 wheat. I think I have found at least a dozen 1919's. Found some shotgun brass bottoms, Rival and New Rival and Winchester repeater, a bunch of brass relics, no Idea??, a harmonica reed, and some rim-fire cartridges. The modern clad was found at another site. Terry will hopefully be posting his nice find of the day soon. Thanks for looking, Ron

043-4.jpg

021-14.jpg

019-19.jpg

020-15.jpg

020-16.jpg

021-15.jpg

022-14.jpg

023-12.jpg

024-12.jpg

025-12.jpg

026-10.jpg

027-11.jpg

028-8.jpg

029-8.jpg

030-8.jpg

031-6.jpg

032-7.jpg

033-6.jpg

Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: 1850's Home Site Produces Some Keepers. Button ID Help. Any Button Experts?

Very awesome finds! I like the old coins! :)

FatCat

Aug 28, 2009
HUNTSVILLE Alabama
Detector(s) used
ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds, looks like you have a great spot.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good stuff CJH...and a nice ID made on the model T part :icon_thumleft:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

There are several backmarks found on flat buttons that use the word Standard. Imperial Standard and Standard Orange C
dfx willy said:
looks like a nice place ya got there crazy one!! isnt there a button that has standard on it? like standard gilt. im not sure but it sounds familiar. willy
There are several backmarks found on flat buttons that use the word Standard. Imperial Standard and Standard Orange Colour are 2 I can think of off the top of my head

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vayank54 said:
There are several backmarks found on flat buttons that use the word Standard. Imperial Standard and Standard Orange C
dfx willy said:
looks like a nice place ya got there crazy one!! isnt there a button that has standard on it? like standard gilt. im not sure but it sounds familiar. willy
There are several backmarks found on flat buttons that use the word Standard. Imperial Standard and Standard Orange Colour are 2 I can think of off the top of my head

I'll check again I know I see a "ard" for sure

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds there congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread