Trade Token

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
yesterday i found a trade token in a farm field. slightly larger in diameter that a nickle and slightly bent (probably from a plow). The obverse has the number 25 in the center and across the top says "L. Taylor" and across the bottom says "Faison NC "....the reverse has written across the top " Master Metal Scrip" then the number 25 then "Wolf-Scherl & Co " "Dayton O." across the center and "In Trade" across the bottom. sorry bout the blurry pic.

Thanx for looking and HH

Attachments

• DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
token1.jpg token2.jpg
I found one of these a few weeks ago that is a 50 cent token. L. Taylor and his son did some of everything including embalming and funeral services!
yesterday i found a trade token in a farm field. slightly larger in diameter that a nickle and slightly bent (probably from a plow). The obverse has the number 25 in the center and across the top says "L. Taylor" and across the bottom says "Faison NC "....the reverse has written across the top " Master Metal Scrip" then the number 25 then "Wolf-Scherl & Co " "Dayton O." across the center and "In Trade" across the bottom. sorry bout the blurry pic.

Thanx for looking and HH

Last edited:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Jcostin & Gxray - how about posting pics of your tokens to TokenCatalog.com for the good of the hobby? The Ingle-Schierloh Company, one of a series of related companies in Dayton, marketed their "Master Metal Scrip" to various business types, primarily "company stores" and other general merchandise stores as part of a bookkeeping method.
John in the Great 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread