Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a park near home that has 2 big soccer fields, 4 baseball fields, and 2 kiddie lots that I have been wanting to hit...
Gave it a go yesterday for about 2 hrs, and ended up finding $3.98 in clad, which included one wheatie (1946) and one hole that I nearly passed due to "spread out" signal was a pocket dump of 8 quarters!
Found a lot of pennies and even a couple quarters in the kiddie lots, but with the 12" coil, I couldnt get too close to any of the slides, etc., due to interference..
I am suffering today though, as I didnt notice my fried body until later that night.. Can you say "Lobster Red"?? LOL...

Best clad find to date though, and when I heal I will be back at that spot!

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on you hunt. I have the same problem with a 9" coil. So now I take my pin pointer and run it close to them to see what I am missing.....Matt

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds, when hunting tot lots I use my 4x6 coil and turn my sensitivity down. that allows me to get close to the bar supports for the slides, swings etc. thanks for sharing and hh

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
almost $4.00, that is a nice amount of clad !!
No doubt the two-dollar pocket spill helped that number! Hope to get back there soon! I just bought a 6X10 eclipse and cant wait to use it there when it comes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread