My First 100+ Day - With a couple surprises.

Hodr

Jun 18, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Eclipse 5.3 Coil
Decided to drive out to the beach with a friend and try our luck at the easy digging this past weekend. Did really poor in the swimming areas of the beach, but in the fishing areas I found a decent number of coins. Found a enough fishing gear to start a store, a couple of house keys, and another metal detectorist who was green with envy (bad pun, I know).

On the way back home we stopped by a middle school that looked old (no old finds though, so it may not be) and detected for an hour before it got too dark to continue. Found a decent number of quarters at the school, as well as my first ever half dollar. I yelled to my friend "Got an 88 here, not a quarter", he replied "probably a half dollar, dig it", and sure enough it was. Also, my first signal at the school was a solid 19, which I dug, and turned out to be a foreign coin that I have no idea of date or origin (please help me out if you can).

Anyways, totals are:

78 Pennies
9 Nickels
28 Dimes
14 Quarters
1 Half
1 Unknown

2 Keys
1 Mine Detectorist
100plus.jpg

50F.jpg

50b.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you really cleaned up today, congrats on the half, and I like the toy soldier. no help on the foreign coin, maybe Japanese yen but not sure. thanks for sharing and hh

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds looks like a lot of diging ;D MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread