I had a great day, finally a cutlass with a blade attached.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
no gold,no silver, only copper was from the artifacts but I finally got a cutlass handle with a blade attached. it aint perfect but I'm very happy. the wind was really blowing today and waves were mountainous. but it was blowing all the water to buffalo leaving me with 100 feet of extra shoreline to play on.

I decided to try a new part of the beach and was rewarded nicely. 5 cutlass handles and a sixth with the blade still attached, 12lbs of sinkers,a stainless knife blade,pocket knife,loaded .38 round, brass handle,brass ring,small copper pieces ?,a quarter,2 dimes,5 pennies,and a monkey wrench. it was funny I took my detector back to the truck and most of this is visual finds.

103109beachfinds.jpg

happy hunting to all.

Upvote 0

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
kuger, I've been a diver since 1984. I own my own compressor and this was wreck number 6 for me. one is on dry land, an old tug that got swept ashore during a flood in the 1940's. odd critter it had a wooden hull with a steel belt around the gunnels. the r.k.hawley was my first wreck I ever located. 1.5 miles east north east from the old lighthouse base at huron ohio. not much left of her but the keel
and her smokestack showing. this is definately the best though, it keeps throwing stuff at me every time I go down there. I have well over 200 dives on it.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah,good!I use a Hookah,(for gold though)is that what you are using??

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds on the sabres. I would love to recover one. Very interesting read thanks for sharing your hunt with us.
HH
TnMountains

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
no kuger I use scuba tanks, hooka rigs are a pain unless the water is dead calm, which lake erie almost never is. I walk a straight line until I get a hit then drop down and dig. I found another cutlass handle today and a few other pieces and my usual 3 lbs of sinkers. the water is getting cold and I may not get out again in the water just shoreline or inland sites. I had a pretty good year in my honest opinion.

happy hunting to all.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had me a bit confused in your first post, describing 5 and a sixth sword handle, when I can see 6 and a seventh (with the blade) ;D
Absolutely awesome finds :notworthy: :notworthy:

Also, you mentioned the signet ring you found. Is this the post?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,265153.0.html

If it is, can you show us pics of the marks and inscriptions?
I have read a bit about the history you are working with and I'm intrigued.

Cheers, Mike

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome eyeball finds...wouldn't mind setting the detector down at times and pick relics off the ground... :headbang:

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
trikikiwi the seventh handle was found 2 days earlier, sorry for not being clear on that.
the patriot, yeah it is like having miss hottie ask you for a date(I couldn't say no).
the second photo shows a drawing of the hallmark inside. enjoy.

oldrings2.jpg

goldringhallmark.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread