Token/Half-Penny/Silver...Im back!!!!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Token/Half-Penny/Silver...I'm back!!!!

This is the first time I've been able to hunt since April/May. It went from beautiful spring, able to hunt weather to hot, tick infested, chigger ridden, mosquito overrun, headphones sliding off ears weather in no time. And finally, all the mosquitos are gone, haven't seen a tick/chigger for a couple of weeks, had our first cold snap, the leaves fell, and now I CAN HUNT AGAIN!!!!! I have been watching the forum for months now, envious of everyone able to hunt. I'm not one of those guys that has to post on everyone's finds, but I have been watching. I'm not experienced enough to join in most of the discussions, but I have "loved" reading. And, dem boards, ancient coin, explosive cannonballs at school (got some non-treasure hunters reading all those and they love it!!!) PRICELESS!! I am very jealous of and have wished that I could have found each and every one of the BANNER finds that have been posted (and a few which still have not....I.P.'s token, H.B.'s quill holder and T.K.'s spoon mold....C'MON already...Awesome) Personally, I think that T-NET should have a never-ending banner that post everyone's finds...just keep it scrolling like the stores on ebay.........hey I'm just tryin to create some more jobs for everyone.....
Anyway, before I turn this into my "blog" ......my meager 45 min. 'test' hunt finds:
DSC00543.JPG find pile...
DSC00544.JPG finally, some silver...
DSC00550.JPG
DSC00549.JPG
DSC00545.JPG Jamaican half penny 1958
DSC00546.JPG Red Front token?....any ideas?
DSC00552.JPG backside (has "X" marks)
DSC00551.JPG close-up...
DSC00548.JPG 1934 wheatie

I also dug 16 memorials...15 stuck side by side in the same hole and one a foot away....funny how 15 pennies still rang up as ONE penny....Anyway, I'm glad to be back with everyone....every dirty-kneed, sore-backed, grimy fingernailed one of you...............(US!!!!!!!!)
Lairmo

Upvote 1

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Token/Half-Penny/Silver...I'm back!!!!

Looks like you started out with a bang with that half too.........That foriegn coin is cool.............Plus you got a token to boot!!!! Way to go, Tim

OP
OP
lairmo

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used

bigtim1973 said:
Looks like you started out with a bang with that half too.........That foriegn coin is cool.............Plus you got a token to boot!!!! Way to go, Tim
Thanks Tim, believe it or not, the silver was right on top of the ground...I scooted some leaves with my foot and saw it. I thought it was a crushed aluminum lid at first. You may be able to see the 'scuf' mark right in front of the nose...did that with my foot. I never heard the X-70 go off like that before and i didn't believe it...solid 46...

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cool finds, glad you finally got out. I really like the token.. now that you are getting out looking forward to your next post.. hh

OP
OP
lairmo

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used

Ricky1601 said:
cool finds, glad you finally got out. I really like the token.. now that you are getting out looking forward to your next post.. hh

Thanks. Hopefully get back out later today after the boy's superbowl game.

rebeljim52

Sep 20, 2009
Silverstreet SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000 and used XLT E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great finds.like token

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunting, franklins are one of my fav. coins !! :notworthy: They are cool, not pritty but cool !! :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH!! :D ;D :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions