AnyOne ever see a parking Token like this?

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys forgot to put this pic up with the others from Viet Nam and Canada. Also found the Parking Token. Anyone seen one before or found one. Kind of neat with the old car on the token. Really appreciate all the help I get from you guys...Found it with all the other foreign and clad coins today.Shane

Attachments

• Front of Parking Token.jpg
    Front of Parking Token.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 845
  • Parking Token.jpg
    Parking Token.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,647
Upvote 1

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
I went to a token website and you can order any token you want metal plastic. I was going to have some made to leave in places I have hunted you know hammer in the date or member name on the token have my website or this website it is too early for this I don't detect enough to warrant this but that would be cool making md tokens that could be left for future mders to find to let them know how long the park has resaturated with coinage from our current era. If you take my idea you could buy the cheaper plastic tokens and place a piece of copper pipe you precut the size of a ring ???. You could just leave a copper ring with a modern penny and a note printed in a small sealed baggie.
Think this up let me know how we can keep this sport/hobby interesting and add another dimension.

tazsheart

Jun 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parking Token

Sorry guys forgot to put this pic up with the others from Viet Nam and Canada. Also found the Parking Token. Anyone seen one before or found one. Kind of neat with the old car on the token. Really appreciate all the help I get from you guys...Found it with all the other foreign and clad coins today.Shane

I found one just like the one with the car in Milwaukee WI and another that a different pic engraved, which seems to be newer.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, 1960's I believe. Good stuff!

I don't know if they have been using this design since the 60's or not, but I do know that it is still in use today. the same design is also used for car wash tokens. my opinion is that it is probably less than 10 years old

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread