Made a few Civil War finds Friday.

CenterHit

Sep 5, 2005
TN
Was off Friday so I managed to get out for a couple hours to hunt. My friend David and I got permission to hunt a site beside a known productive camp. I just had a feeling that we were going to make some great finds. Well that didn't happen! The ground was clean in this area. We got very few signals and the ones we got well seemed to be modern junk. The only interesting find I made at this location was a WidowMaker tin. I'm sure some of you have found those before.

So we decided to hunt the other end of the property very close to the house. Here our luck changed a bit. I got several iron targets, but nothing screaming dig me!! I finially got a solid +77 target and started to dig. Popped up a great looking Merrill carbine bullet and thought well I've dug a bullet today so I'm happy! Stood up and bam! solid +77 target again in the same hole. Got my Lesche hand tool out and out popped another Merrill! Rescanned the hole and still a target. All in all this one hole produced 10 Merrills, 1 roundball, 1 .58 minie, and an unknown iron object. If anyone has a clue as to the id. of this iron object I'm all ears.

Pic of half way digging out this hole.

Another of the Merrils about to come out.

All finds from this hole cleaned up a bit. If you notice one of the Merrils has been cut.

Close up of the iron object. Anyone?

Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds fellow Tennesseean!!! I thought the days of finding multiple bullets in one hole were about gone. HH.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh yes........a bunch of drops....now where did I place them bullets?

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread