Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barber Dime Hat Trick...and a few Injuns'

Met up with silverfix (Kennon) at one of our parks for an all day hunt.

"Heavy D" was on the road... and the Yeti was workin'...so it was just me and Kennon for the day.

This was my kind of hunt...a keeper at a pace of about one per hour..and they were ALL oldies.

NO wheaties...and NO new silver.....just old stuff. :icon_thumleft:

I really had to work for everything I dug....so I really feel like I learned a little more of the SE language ;D

Again all the coins I dug were in the 8" to 10" range and there was a reason that each and every coin was still in the ground...and had been walked over before.

A couple on edge...3 masked by iron...and one masked by trash...and all at nice depths. :icon_thumleft:

Kennon dug an injun and 2 v-nickels and he had to work hard too. I was impresed with his V's...and I too tried a few nickel hits...but ended up getting punked by 8 beaver tails. :laughing7:

Would have been an even more awesome day if we wouldn't have had to spend a bunch of time filling in some "ham & egger's" nasty UNFILLED holes. ??? ::) :dontknow:

Some freakin' goof left at least 10 holes with dirt piled up off to the side...AND they also left their trash next to many of the holes. >:( ??? :icon_scratch:

This kind of crap really ticks me off and it ruins it for the rest of us. :BangHead: :nono:

Not sure which is worse....leaving unfilled holes...or hunting without permission at a place that you know you should have it. ??? :dontknow:

It doesn't matter...cause' I make sure I don't do either one. :headbang:

I hope everyone is getting some good huntin' in while the weather is still cooperating.

Attachments

• coins268.jpg
    coins268.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 773
  • coins269.jpg
    coins269.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 768
  • coins270.jpg
    coins270.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 766
  • coins271.jpg
    coins271.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 757
  • coins272.jpg
    coins272.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 770
  • coins273.jpg
    coins273.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 751
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Barber Dime Hat Trick...and a few Injuns'

Tank69 said:
awsome looking batch of coins there Silver congrats , question what did you do to get those dimes to clean up so well they almost look new .
Thanks Tank. A little pinch of baking soda and some warm water does my silver well. I don't do it on expensive coins though.

teddy said:
Nice going!
I don't see many Barbers anymore.
teddy
Thanks teddy

wyattrr said:
Nice Digs yet again! I agree with you...Dirt Fishers should always fill their holes and take the trash they find. :laughing9: All it takes is one to mess it up for the rest of us. I know you filled the holes and took the trash... :thumbsup:
Thanks wyatt

The Buzzard King said:
2 sets of triplets! VERY nice! :occasion14:
Thanks BK

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Re: Barber Dime Hat Trick...and a few Injuns'

Man, nice finds. I know when I see you post it's usually going to be some good stuff. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread