Copper finds a buck just before night fall

bigealive

May 20, 2008
Good Thunder, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 - Pro Pointer
Well, I did go out Sunday detecting after shooting this big guy Saturday at dusk and didn't find anything of note. I was still on a high, I guess, and couldn't keep my head into it. I think it is a toss up which hobby is more addictive. I think, for me, it would be hunting because Minnesota firearms deer hunting is only nine days and muzzle loading is 16 days a year so not quite 1 month and detecting is maybe 4-5 months. I spend about the same money on clothes, and trail cameras($700-800), new guns($1500), materials into a enclosed, heated deer stand($400), ammo., scent cover, food plot and grain(the rest about $100 a year) against a GTP 2500, pro pointer, probe, and digging tools($1500). Now that I wrote that down I have alot more money into a passion for hunting divided by time allowed versus the money involved to the time I get to Metal Detect.
I hope this is not, out of line, posting this message here. Maybe it's not a mding find but my Remington (oh no I referred to a different brand name...hahahaha) Auto loader's Bushnell Red Dot Scope was right on target. Finally, the one that didn't get away!!! The 8 point buck was about 75 yards away and on the tail of a doe that I had called in with a grunt call. First and only shot, a Hornaday SST, Sabot Slug thru my new 1187 Super Magnum Deer - 12 gauge (this is starting to sound like a hunting commercial) double lunged it's first of hopefully many deer. One shot - one kill!!!! (I always wanted to say that) It being my biggest deer in 21 years of hunting Whitetails. Little does my wife no but it IS going above the TV in the living room. (Note: I don't have a mantle or a fireplace so above the TV is going to have to work)
Thanks for looking, Todd H.

Attachments

• deer.JPG
    deer.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

sonny61

Sep 9, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Prizm 4, Surfmaster ll
nice one. got one on my trail camera yesterday that could be his twin brother. only problem 11:00 pm

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 8 pt. They are pre rut here and I have seen a couple nice uns on the trail cams. That one need to go in any room you like. Congratulations thats a nice deer. Here is one that was still in velvet in Sept. Muzzleloader is on here and then 7 weeks of gun.

Attachments

• PIC0005.jpg
    PIC0005.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 297
  • PIC0005.jpg
    PIC0005.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 293

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I see more dead bucks hit by cars then alive. Nice one. Way too many around here . They need to thin them out some more ;D

S

seger98

sonny61 said:
nice one. got one on my trail camera yesterday that could be his twin brother. only problem 11:00 pm

When did 11 P.M. become a problem ;D

Nice buck.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
sonny61 said:

When did 11 P.M. become a problem ;D

Nice buck.

No Joke. A man's gotta eat. 11 P.M. You just use silent weapons then.. :laughing9: :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions