JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Been nothing short of hard work lately. Been visiting some nice old sites and coming away with a few keepers here and there over the past couple of weeks. Took another small handful of coins and relics from the hot spot I just came across a few weeks back. As finds dried up at that site I have moved onto others.

I invited a friend and Tnet buddy down from OH to come help me search for a pre 1850's ghost town over the weekend. Well we found the town but unfortunately we weren't the first to be there. A few decent finds came up including a 1867 2 center I found and a 1864 indian. My brother came away with a silver ring and a 1850 LC.

Other than that it was very slow. It had 14 homesteads in the woods. But hunting them was very hard. Tons of jaggers and brush everywhere. Oh well sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. Most of the finds came from old parks and a nice little homestead I did come across one day while out at a park.

I found 9 indianheads 1864 1879 and some common dates. Including a really neat 1891 with a bullett still lodged into it. A few beat up v nickles. A bunch of wheat backs. And a crusty 1864 2 center. And some really neat relics. I am up for answering questions you all might have about the finds. I'm a little worn down right now with trying to get this post up.

I've decided to continue to share finds here on t-net. I hope you all like and enjoy them as much as I do. Thanks for looking and commenting

HH Jer

Attachments

• fall 09 1.jpg
    fall 09 1.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 783
  • fall 09 2.jpg
    fall 09 2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 787
  • fall 09 3.jpg
    fall 09 3.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 773
  • fall 09 4.jpg
    fall 09 4.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 777
  • fall 09 5.jpg
    fall 09 5.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 781
  • fall 09 6.jpg
    fall 09 6.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 786
  • fall 09 345.JPG
    fall 09 345.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 769
  • fall 09 346.JPG
    fall 09 346.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 753
  • fall 09 347.JPG
    fall 09 347.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 759
  • fall 09 348.JPG
    fall 09 348.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 750
  • fall 09 349.JPG
    fall 09 349.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 760
  • fall 09 350.JPG
    fall 09 350.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 770
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone

No this stuff has all come from various spots over the past 2 weeks or so. Been going out for a few hrs here and there. Some came from old parks and the rest came from old foundation sites.

Lot of work over the past 6 weeks hunting and cleaning items. I move onto new sites fairly quick. When they get slow I move on. To some finding a few old coins a hr is great. For me it is way to slow. Not trying to sound like a idiot. If I am not digging a ton of signals it's time to move on.

I have accumulated hundreds of treasure sites over the yrs. There is always somewhere to hunt for me. I am interested in the oldest stuff I can come by. I work really hard at this and dig thousands of signals every month. It wears me down at times. Sore wrist cut by jaggers long walks. But it is a true passion for me.

My favorite find was the indian type looking dresser draw pull/handle. Not sure exactly what it is. Came from down about 12 to 14 inches deep. I live for relics like those.

As far as cutting down brush and killing myself for a few more keepers. I'll wait till the day I can't pull a old coin from a easier site. I still have alot of research sitting here. Just need the time to get out there and find it. I do this all for pure pleasure. Gets me away from the so called real world. Takes my mind away from everything. I love to clean items also.

I have been having fun since the first day I ever touched a unit 15 yrs ago. It was like I was a natural at this hobby from day one. I remember pulling up wheats and standing libs and thought this is one of the coolest things to do in the world.

Thanks again for all the great support on here by everyone

Take care Jeremy

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By shear quanity I voet banner !!!!! People who do this seriously know the amount of effort u put in 2 this post from ground 2 screen. BANNER PERIOD !!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're absolutely right when you speak of the advantages of having multiple good sites to hunt at once. I like to space my trips out a bit, even if I can't wait until the next hunt on a really special site...

Those are once again some wonderful finds you posted. It's nice to see all the variety in your finds.

Cheers,

Buckles

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys

Yes that is what really keeps me going. Always having that area to go over for a few keepers while I put together another virgin site. I got a couple parks that you just can't hunt out. Nothing spectacular but it always gives wheats indians etc.

Thanks alot Maine it's nice to see fello treasure hunters out there knowing what your going through to get all this togther. Lots of time spent doing this. I appreciate your banner vote man. I don't have to make the banner on this site to know what I am doing is great. Really nice of you to see how many finds this really is though.

I just really like to TH and share my finds with my friends on here. You guys out there know alot about these finds and can id them for me and it's great to know what you have. I don't know everything. This is my season fall and spring. Come summer I am so wrapped up in kids barball and work I don't get out much.

Hope to have another month or so to hunt before I gotta pack it in for the yr. Gonna try and get another homestead or 2 to hunt. Good luck to all you guys and take care.

HH Jer

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice multi hunt to find all them keepers :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: looks like some good spots u have... MR TUFF

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys

I live to relic hunt. It is something I do best. Finding great old relics is a thrill. Coins are great to. But nowadays it's more relics than anything. I had a big month for coins also. Pulled out over 30 silvers last month.

HH Jer

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx said:
I live to relic hunt. It is something I do best. Finding great old relics is a thrill. Coins are great to. But nowadays it's more relics than anything.

I'm with you there, Jeremy. Relics have so much variety. Your relic finds are always great. Of course you dig a lot more coins than I do, but I think it's my hunting style. ;D

I forgot to comment on those tags, did you say you thought those were miners' tags? We were trying to figure that out in another post. They are neat relics in themselves.

happy 'tectin,
Chris

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job, Jeremy :hello2: That is some hard-core dedication and you should be real proud of that display. That is really sweet. :hello2:

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys

Yes, I am very proud of all the finds that have been made this fall so far. Put alot more research in this yr than most. It has been really paying off. Putting myself on alot of untouched sites.

Hope to track down a few more homes here this weekend. I clear the finds away and start all over again. So much fun digging up history. Yes those tags I am almost certain miners would carry around. They are almost at every old foundation site I hunt.

You think you got a nice coin then you go man another miners tag. They were coming up at that ghost town left and right. You'd a thought if they missed those they missed more coins. Not the case though. I bet in that brush there are some oldies still.

Thanks again guys

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread